Virgin Island boat rentals

Notices

Virgin Island boat rentals

Old 11-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Virgin Island boat rentals

Hi folks,

I am taking a short vacation In St. John in December.
I would like to do a bare boat boat rental while I am there.
The are a few marinas on line that offer center consoles and similiar. 25-30 foot.
Any recommendations?
Do you think I would need to book on adavnce?

David
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

pm sent.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nauti Nymph bare boats as well as provides a captain if you want. They rent out of the Westin. I recommend using Nate's Custom Charters out of St Thomas but he will pick you up on St John. Well worth the extra money if it's your first time.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nsformula
Hi folks,

I am taking a short vacation In St. John in December.
I would like to do a bare boat boat rental while I am there.
The are a few marinas on line that offer center consoles and similiar. 25-30 foot.
Any recommendations?
Do you think I would need to book on adavnce?

David
Originally Posted by WILD HAIRED CAT
Nauti Nymph bare boats as well as provides a captain if you want. They rent out of the Westin. I recommend using Nate's Custom Charters out of St Thomas but he will pick you up on St John. Well worth the extra money if it's your first time.
Went to St John stayed at the Westin January 2010 for a week, we rented Nauti Nymph Fountain CC 3 out of the 7 days we were there, had a blast!! They will come right to the Westin and pick you up. Hit all the local watering holes and had some great days out on the water with friends. We chose to get a captain each time for the local knowledge and we could drink that way. One of my top Vacations ever!!!

Pat
Old 11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Registered

thanx for the info guys.
I am staying at the Westin as well and had found Nauti Nymph on line .
I would prefer a bare boat rental but good point about the beer, maybe I should get a captian and enjoy my vacation.
I think there are going to a few options available and if I book ahead, I will be stuck with what I book.

Is it necessary to book ahead.
Any downside to bareboat if I decide to go that way.

I spend a fair bit of time on the ocean but have no idea what to expect in St. John, is it a big deal to go by myself without local knowledge??
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Not really, as you come in on the Ferry from St Thomas to the Westin Property get a look of the water, there are rocks out in the middle of places we dont have here on the Chesapeake. the Capt was an extra $100-110 a day if I remember right... Tipped him the same at the end of the day and he was happy and good to go. All the restarants and bars we went to have the Capt covered so there soda/ waters and lunch we didnt even have to buy him, there way of the capt bringing business to them. We went with 14 people for my 40th birthday, they only put 6 on a boat so we had to rent the 3rd boat the first day we went out.

Pat
Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Waters are easy to navigate but if you go to Jost Van Dyke, and you will want to, a Captain will know where to dock, take your passports thru custom while your having drink at Foxys. My suggestion is go with a captain one day and rent bare boat another. But I highly recommend Nate. We go annually and always book him one day just because we like his company. Tell him Aldo sent you (340) 244-2497.
He has been chartering for about 12 years. Most of Nauti Nymph captains come and go. If you need to cancel it won't be a problem with a couple of days notice.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There are alot of reefs that are not marked here. What I suggest is to do the first day with a captain and then you will get a good feel from there. Be aware....because some days the water is down right nasty....make sure that you check out the weather.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered

Leaving home at 7 am.
Halifax-Philli- St Thomas

Talked to and emailed several vendors about rentals and no big deal on booking ahead.
I would prefer a bare boat rental but am vacationing with others, so need to keep all smiling.
That should not be difficult.
I'll play it by ear when I arrive..
Can't wait, one more sleep

Last edited by nsformula; 12-02-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

ocean runner on St. John also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.