Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Joey Gratton Memorial Celebration Service (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/265672-joey-gratton-memorial-celebration-service.html)

BlakeandBrock 11-14-2011 07:13 AM

Joey Gratton Memorial Celebration Service

******EVERYONE IS INVITED SO SPREAD THE WORD******

We wanted the offshore community to know they're all invited to celebrate the life of our father Joey Gratton this Wednesday the 16th at the Sarasota Hyatt ballroom. Anyone who would like to pay respect to him and his family will have the opportunity here.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers through these extremely tough times.

Instead of giving flowers, Page Motorsports and friends are establishing the Joey Gratton Education Fund to send Scarlett and any future Gratton grandchildren to college and to provide scholarships in Joey's name for other children in need.

Thank you for all of your support... Joey Gratton was the "man" and an amazing father, husband and friend... he will be missed greatly.

Where: The Hyatt, Sarasota, FL
When: 11/16/2011 Wednesday
Time: 11:00AM

Fast Shafts 11-14-2011 07:35 AM

I won't be able to attend, but my Thoughts and Prayers are with your family...

DriverofDonzi 11-14-2011 07:49 AM

Joey Gratton will be greatly missed but definitely not forgotten! RIP, Joey!

Chris

SteveDavid 11-14-2011 08:11 AM

Dear Blake ad Brock,
I'm in Doha, Qatar for our Unlimited race thru the 20th. Thinking back, how blessed I was to see your Dad and you guys in San Diego. You are all in our hearts and prayers. And yes indeed your Dad was "The Man", and you guys are his boys forever. Please don't be strangers at future Unlimited races, you're part of our family.
Steve

AugiePensa 11-14-2011 08:26 AM

Hey guy's, my heart goes out to you and the Family. I will miss Dad and I am Thankful to have had the opportunity to know him and his Family, God Bless. Augie & Lisa

MissGeicoRacing 11-14-2011 08:35 AM

Boys, We've spent quite a bit of time together over the past 6 years. Your family at the races has always been a part of the good side of our sport and your Dad was the essential component of that. He will be greatly missed. Ironically we spent an hour with him on Friday morning getting quotes and info for the radio show, checking out GB's new X cat and looking at data in our hauler. He was excited to race. Our team is crushed at the loss of your father from our offshore family.

Marc and ScottyB

AB From Windsor 11-14-2011 09:50 AM

Please post the information, where a cheque can be mailed for the Joey Gratton Education Fund.

peetz4 11-14-2011 12:17 PM

Our Heart and prayers are with you all.

We heard the shocking news on TV this weekend in Sarasota. Jeni just got back from her honeymoon and called immediately. Are you going to have a local service for family and friends? If you do please let us know and if possible we would like to come and be there for everyone. How is Mom holding up? If you need to get to an undisclosed location for peace of mind, just call us. We have room here or you can take the mtorhome. Solitude can be the best medicine. Dad's Spirit will soar forever! Our family grieves the loss in yours, and we send our love.

The Peetz Family

BlakeandBrock 11-14-2011 01:23 PM

Again, thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. These are very tough times and it's hard to fathom that he's not here. He was our rock and it doesnt feel real. As you all know we're a tight family and we'll get through this together.

The Hyatt in Sarasota is the local memorial service and it's wednesday at 11am. All are invited of course.

You can mail checks to 1972 Hillview St. Sarasota, FL 34239 where they will go to an education fund in his name.

Ben@SRP 11-14-2011 04:51 PM

Blake and Brock,
My heart is broken for you guys, your Mom and all of your family... I KNOW how close you all were! I am devastated and crushed by this event. Laura and I will see you all on Wednesday and I am so so very sorry for your loss.

Ben