The OFF Factor: Racers Are Racers—Always

Notices

The OFF Factor: Racers Are Racers—Always

Old 11-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,231 Posts
Default The OFF Factor: Racers Are Racers—Always

The latest by Rich Luhrs on one of the finest annual events in powerboat racing, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ersalways.html.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rich, you are truly a master of the written word. If only you had applied yourself to boatbuilding with the same effort........
Old 11-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful article. Am so proud of OFF and the people who I have met as well as my old friends. It really has been a magic thing and am humbled by ever being a part of it... Like Odell suggested next year we will line up on one side of the building and race each other to the rest room....
Would like to think with all of our combined knowledge we can contribute to help making our sport safer,,,,,, Would be a great legacy for us all........
Old 11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Rich, you are truly a master of the written word. If only you had applied yourself to boatbuilding with the same effort........
Scary thought....but true.....then again...there's always tomorrow...
Old 11-16-2011, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Rich, thanks Matt
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done Rich.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Beautiful story Rich and thank you Matt for sharing it with us!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered

Nice work as always Rich!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

I only met rich once ( in new york 0along with Darren ?
both very decent people .
I assume you were a boat bldr already / ?
Thanx for letting me in youalls small world ( MDG )
Old 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Registered

Talking

Matt - Thanks for your kind words and for putting this out there. What Rich Luhrs did not mention is, that from the very inception of OFF, he has always been a complete supporter of our event. There have been times when we wondered just what we were doing, and his encouragement helped to lead us in the right direction. In this article, he absolutely "nailed" exactly what OFF is all about. Along with Rich, there have been others that have always been there for us when we needed them. Certainly Brownie, Butch Stokes, Billy Seebold, the entire Jackie Wilson Family, Charlie Wolff, Nick Scafidi, Charlie McCarthy, John Haggin and Dennis Withkowski all stepped up to the plate in times of need. It is appropriate that the first photo in Rich's article included Scotty Begovich with the "Three Amigos". Quite simply, OFF would not have gotten off of the ground without Scotty and the entire Geico Race Team. It is always risky naming people that have made OFF happen. No doubt, when I go back and look at our history, I will realize that I have made a terrible omission. From the very beginning, I have said that OFF is about the people. I stand wholeheartedly behind that statement, and I think I speak for Jim and Cadillac, when I state that the true success has been all of the people and their families that had faith in us and gave their own time, effort, and resources in order to attend!!! It is with a sense of humble pride (if there is such a thing) when I say Thank You and Best Regards to All OFFs - Steve Sirois

Last edited by seeroy; 11-16-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.