OPA racing on Versus HD now..

Notices

OPA racing on Versus HD now..

Old 11-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frankenstein
The race was awesome. Rough water, flat water, it doesn't matter. It's boat racing, and that's what I love to watch. We are fortunate to have people who are dedicated enough so we can watch it from our living rooms. I wish I had the time and/or money to participate, so for now, I live my boat racing life through people that cared enough to give it to me. Thanks to everybody who put all of this together, and thanks to all the racers and their teams. Godspeed
Amen! This last year I didnt have the means to attend the races like I would have liked to so I love that somebody caught the highlights on film so I can see what all I missed.

I love that they are including some real sit down time with the teams. There are so many wonderful people involved in racing, that I am blessed to call my friends, and I think its awesome that my non racing family and friends can see some of these characters and understand why I love them so much

Ron, they couldnt have found a better voice for OPA. You definitely understand media and have a love for the sport and all its players. Very cool stuff!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this a repeat? My tevo didn't record, skipped cause is says it's a duplicate.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Nope, not a repeat. You can now watch them online...commercial free. Enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/32291243

http://vimeo.com/32264337
Old 11-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I watched the first two races and really enjoyed the format of the show. I liked the behind the scenes coverage of the work, preparation, and "characters" involved in the sport.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Ron,

Are you guys going to sale TV Series on DVD? I need to clear up some space on my tevo and I dont want to delete all the shows.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the show, both of them. Of course they're gonna feature Gieco and Bob teague. Amsoil and Gieco are the main contributors of the show. I think its great that finally again this sport is getting some coverage and I hope to se it grow. Why this guy comes on here complaining that it wasn't BIG enough water for him sitting in front of his TV. I'm wondering if he has ever gone over 100mph on even so called flat water, which on any given day you can find 40 miles out. Who the hell is going to cover for TV a race 40 miles out? The sport needs spectators to gain popularity again. There are NO spectators 40 miles out. Did he notice the hoards of people that came to Saint Clair? Thats what it's all about!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Congrats on the TV show

I just want to add my thanks to Ron Polli and whoever else helped in the production of the TV program. Missed the first episode, but was fortunate to catch the St.Clair race recap. Very well done and the fact that you followed a few teams through the weekend is a very nice way of presenting the show.

I do not think Sideskraft has ever been to St. Clair or else he would know that the water does get rough and chopped up and that it is raced on the St. Clair River and not Lake St. Clair. We may not have the waves like the ocean races have, but he can ask any racer that has raced here and they will tell him it is not a flat race course. How many other race courses are located between 2 countries and where the spectators can view the whole course, which makes St. Clair River racing unique.

Why trash a good program or a race organization that is trying to build powerboat racing up?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

best boat race program on television that i have ever seen, love the production format. As far as the Big Thunder incident if you dont have anything nice to say....please dont say anything.....didnt your mom teach you anything????
Old 11-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sideskraft
I just watched the OPA Offshore race on Lake St Clair on Versus. What I saw was nothing like I expected. I saw catamarans with big engines running on a bouy marked inshore oval course in a completely protected area on quite smooth water. This looked to me like an unlimited hydroplane course. What is "offshore" about this racing? It would have been interesting to see the unlimited hydros in there with them. This was flat out pedel to the metal open flat water racing in a closed environment. I saw the Big Thunder accident video in Key West, and it had nothing to do with any waves (it was totally flat as well) and everything to do with too much speed combined with too much trim causing too much lift and "kiting", which sent it straight up into the air, not unlike what happens to the Formula outboard and unlimited oval boats. Is this the new face of "offshore racing" -- small protected closed water courses in flat water? A v-bottom would have absolutely no chance against those cats in these conditions, obviously. Are there any sanctioned races in this country that have "true offshore" racing that run in rough water miles from shore? I know that Europe still has this kind of racing. I miss the skill of veteran throttlemen knowing when to get on and off the gas as they fly from wave to wave, and the skill of navigating efficiently from checkpoint to checkpoint, and of course the immense responsibility of the driver to hit each wave correctly at the right angle to prevent disaster. I've been away from the offshore scene for at least 15 years, so it looks like the sport has changed considerably.
Ok I am confused...... You come on here and *itch and moan about there not being enough rough water and that its not "true offshore", but you start another thread saying how great the $100,000; 60 mph boats are. They run on the hydro courses(calm water only) as fillers between the hydro heats. Maybe 15 years wasnt long enough for you to be away or like others you are politically motivated to down one series just to THINK your series is that much better

Here is your other thread, would really love to hear how this type of racing is considered "true offshore"???????

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ck-racing.html

Originally Posted by Sideskraft
Talk about challenging, competitive and fun -- check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx93ltjCPUY I've never seen this before, and with the low cost to get into it and operations, I'd like to see it grow fast. With these smaller boats, you don't need 8 foot waves to make it exciting!
Disclaimer: I am not knocking P1 Superstock, just really cant validate the price for the size and speed(if it tops out at 60 then it will avg in the low 50's) snooze fest to me, but my sponsor has it lined up for me to run one next year, and I'll try anything once to form an honest opinion, as long as Martin Sanborn keeps his word made to my sponsor.

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 11-18-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mr Sideskraft,

Still waiting for a response........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.