If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    99 checkmate 270 convincor
    Pasadena Md

Skater "category 4" Kent Island

I saw this boat toaday on Kent Island. Was just wondering if the owner was an OSO member, sharp looking boat. I never realized just how big a #6 drive is.

sounds Like Steve S. boat. Don't know if he is an OSO member. Was it next Red Eye ?

My Boats:
    99 checkmate 270 convincor
    Pasadena Md
    no it was at a fuel station right down the road fron there getting pulled by i think a&m marine truck

Gold Member Gold Member Pwrbt33's Avatar
    Curtis Bay, Md USA

Talking Skater

The boat is docked at Red Eyes , the owners name is Barry Myers. Its pretty nice, it has 900's with #6's.

You should see the 40 Skater that will be next to it. That has Arnessons with Turbines in it. That one should run right around 170 mph. The gent that owns this one is Ed Mossmiller.

I havent run in either yet, but the owner of our company ran in the 40 and said it ran 120 mph all day long not even turning alot of rpm. He said it was really cool when they started it up. shoots a cool flame out the exhaust housing.

Pwrbt33-John S.
    2012 World Champion Throttleman
    JAWS Marine

Barry Meyers boat, a 42' Skater with Sterling's 875 hp. He came out of a 42' Sonic with hp500's. He is not a member. Boat is docked @ Red Eyes.

Ed Mossmiller, his neighbor at Red Eyes, has a 42 Skater with twin Lyecoming turbines @ 1450hp each. Ed has designed, fabricated and rigged the boat himself. This was his first effort with a small amount of assistance from Howard Arnesson himself. Ed has designed his turbine exhaust housing in a unique and attractive way. He believes the boat should bang on the door of 180. It is a dangerous learning curve in a 1/4 cannopied boat. He has already ordered a full canopied hull.

Both men are extremely gregarious and keep large tabs for friend's and strangers @ Red Eyes. Unfortunately, neither is a member of the board.

ck54 Gold Member
    My Boats:
    03.Cigarette Top Gun
    Telford, PA
    Hey Pwrbt33,
    Make a note of the thread "drive gear help needed 1.36 vs 1.50".
    This might be helpful when it come time to dial in my boat.
    Nice to see you guys yesteday!
    You have got to post a picture of Bills boat, that is the wildest 38 in existence.

Gold Member Gold Member
    My Boats:
    2002 Cigarette Gladiator (Race)
    Hollywood Md
    Hey that skater with the turbines in it is an awesome boat. The guy Ed that owns the boat is a real nice guy. I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago at red eyes.