If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1999 Pantera 24 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore420 View Post
    OK, I see.

I can tell you this, from my experience with Desk top dyno, plugging in all the numbers and running a hundred diff. combos, then picking the combo and putting it to the test on a real dyno, it was a total waist of time. DD number's weren't even in the same ball park as the actual dyno runs.
    Yeah it was more for fun than anything. But I can tell you that entering the 525 cam info along with the Edelbrock head info was pretty damn close. Using the .050 cam specs was a little low (520hp @ 5500) and using the seat-to-seat was a little high(57hp @ 5500). Using a lower cfm on the intake made it reasonable. I took it from 1000 to 800 and got 557hp @ 5500 which is in the ball park.

Using 990 head flow numbers and my cam info got me within 10hp of what my actual dyno numbers were. The numbers were a little stronger in the low rpm range but still close.

Using some flow estimates from JimV, the DD numbers were pretty close to what I was told I should see with a slight bump in CR, bigger intake valves and porting. The rpm shift was exactly what he said too. But, it was more for fun.
    Last edited by onesickpantera; 11-21-2011 at 03:42 PM.

My Boats:
    2000 Baja 36 Outlaw
    Hawthorn Woods IL
    Jim V. did the work on my heads. Maybe he still has the before and after flow numbers ??? I lost my sheet he gave me.
    Want your ECU tuned right?? Call Mark at Precision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12