Notices

mercury 110s k planes

Old 11-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default mercury 110s k planes

I have the mercury 110s kplanes on my boat and I recently replaced both trim pump motors and I am trying to figure these k planes out. One of them I can hear the motor running but the tab does not move? A few months ago I had my transom and stringers redone on my 27avanti and I removed the tabs so they lost all the fluid in them (they weren't working before). After putting them back I installed new trim pump motors and I can hear the port side motor moving but the k plane doesn't move? I have even tried bleeding it by hand by putting fluid in them and pumping them up and down but even after a while it doesn't do anything. Seems like the fluid isn't getting to where it needs to, does anybody have any idea how to go about figuring it out? These are the older 110s k planes which are different than the other models from mercury. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a set of those tabs before I replaced them with my new 280s. I really wanted indicators. I changed out one motor that went bad right after I bought the boat, so I'll give it a shot.

When you replaced the motor you made sure to get the slotted drive shaft back into place, right? Mine was trickey and wanted to stick to the motor, but I got it after struggling a bit. I'm guessing yours might have fell out causing your problem?

Here is the parts breakdown for the tabs, but it doesn't show what I'm talking about (its in the reservoir under the motor).

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show_...2F+847227A1%29
Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your tab moves some when you are manually trying to bleed it by assisting, I'm guessing its not the shaft... does it seem to actually assist it when you help move it and somone runs the motor?