Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Frisini To Offer Affordable Super V Light >

Frisini To Offer Affordable Super V Light

Notices

Frisini To Offer Affordable Super V Light

Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I'm not a racer but I do have to say this company really has what it takes to help the buyers and people in this sport. The great ideas and work seem to be over flowing from these guys. Keep up the great work Frisini and keep em coming!!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,748 Likes on 1,234 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Matt,

Thanks for the info however the way it is written is very misleading. You make it sound like the boat with the 525 is $65,000. It does NOT include the 525. Here is the exact release from John:

Frisini Motorsports, manufacturers of Frisini, Sonic & Spectre Powerboats, will be offering their 30 Vendetta SVL Race version rigged and ready to race for $65,000 plus power. It will be offered as well with removable hard top and rear seating so customers can race on Sunday and boat on Monday. Standard equipment will include full race canopy, race seats and roll cage.
"Plus power" came directly from the release. What it means, and I apologize for anyone my story may have confused, is "without power." Frisini is offering the model with either a Mercury Racing 525EFI or like power from Innovation Marine. I do not have the price sheets for either engine in front of me but my educated guess is that with power the boat will cost somewhere between $100,000 and $110,000.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its all good Matt!!! Thanks for adding "plus power" to your article.

When you spoke with them, did they release when they plan to bring the impressive drawing into reality?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered

Default Trailerable

Originally Posted by carcrash
The concept of the class always seemed to make a lot of sense, and it has lasted quite a long time, with continuous tweaks and even renaming between the various racing organizations.

On the one hand, it seems that if the rules are made consistent (by the owners), perhaps all the racing organizations can together enjoy the popularity of this class.

On the other hand, its not unreasonable to assume that smart, hard working racers with sufficient assets to throw at the problem will figure out ways to beat the system. This always happens. Thats why rules do need to evolve over time: people are a lot smarter than the rule book.

The positives are: an easily trailerable and stored boat; single engine; common power plant (well, depending on which rules!); and safe due to the canopy.

Whats unique about this class is that the speed and power puts the boat in a very challenging performance envelope: high speed planing, but where aero effects are probably just about as important; small enough that its almost never possible to just drive straight with the hammer down; and affordable enough that upper middle class people can personally bankroll a season.
Well Said!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the lines of this boat. Frisini seems to be rolling out a lot of good stuff while others are having a hard time treading water, I hope they can keep it up over the long haul! Keep up the good work guys!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a fantastic idea on so many levels...
Very nice design.
Affordable to purchase, own, run, maintain, transport
Creates a "new" class for the race enthusiast that may not have been able to get involved before.

Great idea guys... Stick to it...
I miss the F1 and F2 classes of a few years back... It was some of the best racing. Maybe more SVL class boats could bring back some of that exciting racing.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation

Last edited by Tim G.; 11-20-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

how's about without the canopy and just race in the P class.
I think this would be good for guy's that also want to use there boat as a pleasure boat at the same time as a race boat .
P-4
p-5
maybe

mike
Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
how's about without the canopy and just race in the P class.
I think this would be good for guy's that also want to use there boat as a pleasure boat at the same time as a race boat .
P-4
p-5
maybe

mike
The hard top is removable .
Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it. Plus, if you could get one without power and with the removable hardtop, it would make a sick poker run boat with about 800hp in it.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Philm
I like it. Plus, if you could get one without power and with the removable hardtop, it would make a sick poker run boat with about 800hp in it.
Well said, and I just happen to have a 800 sitting at Ron's Potters Shop !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.