Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO gathering at Put In Bay, OH????? >

OSO gathering at Put In Bay, OH?????

Notices

OSO gathering at Put In Bay, OH?????

Old 06-15-2002, 05:37 PM
Scarab P-29

26 scarab hope to see you for chistmas in july we leave early thurs morning get decent spot every year if youd like you can head down with us.

Old 06-16-2002, 07:42 AM
cardshark 388

Waterfoul:
Let us know what is going on we are off the first two weeks of July. Sounds lke a good time to get together on that side of the state. Are you coming over at all this year?
Shirley

Old 06-16-2002, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Munising Is Better!

You guys got it all wrong,
You need to go NORTH!!!! we're headed to Munising, Marquette, Keweenaw, etc., that week. You Know, God's Country up in da UP der, eh!!
Although I gotta admit I can't wait to try out Middle Bass Island for an overnighter before the Coastal marine poker Run in August, that place looked a hell of a lot better than P-I-B! I just hate it when they charge you $24 just to tie up to go to the Beer Barrel for a couple hours, what a ripoff.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:31 PM
Registered

Waterfowl, I will definately be at Kellys on July 19,20,21 for Island Fest. Its the same weekend as christmas in july and its a helluva good time, with a lot less idiots and not near as busy as the bay.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Mike Sarnia's Bayfest is that weekend. I've got a slip from the 11th to the 14th. Should be a great time. Check it out. I don't know what is available for slips still but I'll post a link to Bayfest and the marina we're going to be at.

Bayfest

Sarnia Bay Marina
Old 06-17-2002, 08:25 AM
BuzzinBye!

Waterfoul,

Just to let you know Put-in-Bay is also 35 miles from Toledo Harbour Light. So it would not be any faster to drive all the way to toledo. As for Put-in-Bay all the LEOPA guys go there on a regular basis and we do not have an event planned that weekend, so I imagine you'll see some of us there.

Dan

Old 06-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Buzzin, I don't mind the 35 miles, it's the ramp at Gilbralter I didn't like. Or the really shallow and weedy approach to it (like a mile or so, nasty). If there were a nice deep ramp some where, I might make a crossing. But at this time, I have an untested motor (it went in the boat tonight). Hope to be on the water this weekend.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:56 PM
Registered

Hey foul. There is a REALY nice ramp at Boles Harbour. near Monroe (exit 11) Good parking and everything. You can make it to the bay in about 35 minutes from there at 60. Worth the trip. I may try to make it.