Attorney needed in Florida >

Attorney needed in Florida

Notices

Attorney needed in Florida

Old 11-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Attorney needed in Florida

My buddy is looking for a attorney in Florida. Kind of a long story, but he bought a pair of 502's in the swap shop here earlier this year. What were supposed to be a pair of turn key low hour drop in engines, turned out to be saltwater ingested piles of junk. Cylinder walls rusted, all kinds of rust in the shortblocks, etc. After waiting to get them shipped for a long time, when they finally did arrive, he took them straight to a machine shop, where they pulled the oil pans and found the mess. Popped the pans back on, and the seller refused any compensation, so he took it to court. Apparently he got a judement against the guy or guys business he sold them thru here in illinois. But he told me that now he has to go thru florida's legal system for any kind of lien or garnishment or what not.

I figured i'd see if there were any attorney's on here who are boaters and can understand the frustration of getting burned like that. If interested, shoot me a pm. Thanks, Joe
Old 11-23-2011, 11:55 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dhlaw on the board here is my recommendation
Old 11-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
My buddy is looking for a attorney in Florida. Kind of a long story, but he bought a pair of 502's in the swap shop here earlier this year. What were supposed to be a pair of turn key low hour drop in engines, turned out to be saltwater ingested piles of junk. Cylinder walls rusted, all kinds of rust in the shortblocks, etc. After waiting to get them shipped for a long time, when they finally did arrive, he took them straight to a machine shop, where they pulled the oil pans and found the mess. Popped the pans back on, and the seller refused any compensation, so he took it to court. Apparently he got a judement against the guy or guys business he sold them thru here in illinois. But he told me that now he has to go thru florida's legal system for any kind of lien or garnishment or what not.

I figured i'd see if there were any attorney's on here who are boaters and can understand the frustration of getting burned like that. If interested, shoot me a pm. Thanks, Joe
sorry to say but they can bond over that judgement and never have to pay it so who's the Ill biz that sold these saltwater ingested piles of crap ??????

Happy Thanksgiving [/QUOTE]

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default bastages

Our court system sucks - All it does is protect the guilty or the ones with lots of money.