Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dee was robbed in Key West (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/266073-dee-robbed-key-west.html)

yschmidt 11-22-2011 11:00 AM

You'd be surpisedhow many people prey on hotels...my boss, another coworker and I were checking into a hotel in Phoenix. I happened to notice this guy get on the elevator with me when I went to my room (didn't exit my floor). He just happened to be standing at the end of the hallway when I left for dinner. Came back less than an hour later and both their rooms had been broken into, and mine had shavings by the door where someone was trying.
I actually caught a guy in San Antonio trying to get into my room - when I said something took off running. It took me a second to realize what was happening.
SCUMBAGS EVERYWHERE you have to be careful.

Lucididee 11-22-2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Scarab Billy (Post 3555040)
What hotel was she in?

Travelodge on US-1

Lucididee 11-22-2011 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3555096)
I'll give 100 bucks to help towards the replacement stuff :)

:kiss:

Lucididee 11-22-2011 11:16 AM

I will get a list together & post.

What kills me is that on top of my equipment they got all my ID (Passport, DL, SS card, checking info, CCs, etc)

KW this was was beyond an emotion week with the tragedies and other accidents, I'm just beside myself on how it ended.

Wildman_grafix 11-22-2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lucididee (Post 3555188)
I will get a list together & post. What kills me is that on top of my equipment they got all my ID (Passport, DL, SS card, checking info, CCs, etc)

I forget what they call it,( credit freeze?) on your name, they now have enough to become you.

Sucks, sorry to here.

pslonaker 11-22-2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Scarab Billy (Post 3555040)
What hotel was she in?

Very good question, because if it was a "chain" hotel...like the Holiday Inn or something, I would be hunting myself up a lawyer without saying anything to the hotel...basically...replace my stuff and we will call it even.

Good luck on everything

VetteLT193 11-22-2011 11:21 AM

also check Craigslist down there.

MikeyFIN 11-22-2011 11:21 AM

Your a Tough Girl Dee but nontheless this Sucks to read!
Next Time we'll meet the(bar)tab's on me ;)

Lucididee 11-22-2011 12:14 PM

Items taken from our stay in KW at the Travelodge:
  • Nikon/Nikkor Lens AF-S VR Zoom- Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED (Serial # 2081983)
  • Nikon/Nikkor Lens AF-S DXVR Zoom- Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 G IF-ED (Serial # 2861611)
  • Nikon/Nikkor Lens AF-S DX Zoom- Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED-II (Serial # 6228683)
  • Removable Hard Drive (2 1/2 yrs of photos & data)
  • Coleman Waterproof HD Pocket Video Camera
  • Canon PowerShot SX120IS 10MP Digital Camera
  • Blueish Gray GUESS pocketbook
  • Wallet & Purse
  • Q7 Bluetooth Headset
  • Jabra Universal Bluetooth Headset
  • MP3 player
  • Car charger for MP3 player
  • 12 SD Cards
  • 4g Memory stick
  • Car phone charger (Verizon)
  • Nikon battery charger & 2 batteries
  • 3 pairs Sunglasses
  • Custom/handcrafted Jewelry (approx 12 pairs earrings & 6 necklasses)
  • Passport, DL, Credit & Debit cards, DL, Bank info ............ all my personal ID

Here's a list of what was taken from my roomates:
  • Canon Digital camera, 300 Zoom lens & case
  • Hi Def Video Camera & case
  • Dell Notebook
  • Wi Fi enabler
  • Both set of their car & house keys
  • Paula's suitcase with all her clothes, shoes & make up
  • 2 Bottles of wine
  • KW silver braclette

bobo 11-22-2011 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 3555047)
That place is turning into a chithole more every year,one of the reasons I did not go this year. Dee,Frank sorry to hear hope they find your stuff.

:eek:
unlike where youre from ? perhaps the culprit drove down from youre neck of the woods .

I feel bad for you dee and i will keep an eye out . I copied youre list . Theres not a lot of that stuff in these little pawn shops down here . If you recorded serial #s that would help .