Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whats the dirt on AMT Catamarans (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26610-whats-dirt-amt-catamarans.html)

SteveDavid 06-25-2002 08:45 AM

Ryan,

While not solicited, I would be remis not to speak up for Gary. In all my years of service to APBA, as Sr. VP and later as President, Gary was a stalwart supporter of Offshore racing. Others remarks in this thread to the contrary are, in my opinion, off base. Wherever Gary races he is a credit to the sport and at all times a gentleman. As noted, he's raced both APBA and SBI this year, and as both have found, he's a determined racer.

Here's a couple of things about Gary.

* If he tells you something, you can take it to the bank.
* If you're racing against him, you're racing against the John Tomlinson of Outboard cats
* If you're racing next to him, he is as fair and conscientious as they come

Someone in this thread said "My Mother said if I can't say anything nice about someone, I shouldn't say anything at all" and then said nothing. Well, our Mom's must have been alike, except I'd say Gary is a fine guy and our sport, forgetting labels, is far better for his having participated.

Steve David
APBA President 1996-98
APBA Sr. VP 92-96

Reindl Powerboats 06-25-2002 09:00 AM

Well put Steve. When we were starting the boat company, Gary once took an entire afternoon explaining things to me, never knowing who I was. So many times I'll try something myself and say "O' yea, I remember Gary telling me something like that." I cannot think of one thing he said that did not end up being true.
And certainly the same can be said for you Steve.
Chris Reindl

Playn 06-28-2002 12:05 AM

I was curious about that boat as well. Thanks for the web address Fred
:D

www.amtpowerboats.com

Ryan Beckley 06-28-2002 10:16 AM

Troy and John David boat "SUPREME MARINE" is set up for four seats with the back windows. I don't know if they, every actually put the seats in it , though.

ssherman 06-28-2002 12:18 PM

are the canopied boats faster or slower than the open cockpits?

Ryan Beckley 06-28-2002 12:31 PM

All of the boats have run between 105-110MPH.

ssherman 06-28-2002 03:54 PM

Ryan OT but do you know any metal shops that can fab some tops for my group 31 batterboxes? Something similar to what a new cig would have? no polishing or anything just four threaded post wulded to the top and a flat piece of aluminum with countersunk holes. Seems simple but all the rednecks around here look at me like an alien when i mention it.

seanclong 06-28-2002 04:00 PM

Originally posted by ssherman
Seems simple but all the rednecks around here look at me like an alien when i mention it.
Do you have antennae sticking out of your head? :D :D :D

ssherman 06-28-2002 04:02 PM

No but two on the cab of my pick up:D :D :p

Ryan Beckley 06-28-2002 04:41 PM

GRANT BRUGGMAN who is rigging the "Birth of a Supercat" can make pretty much anything 954-662-7611