Notices

funny thanksgiving story boating related

Old 11-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
was that the 16 ft Bayliner??????
that how she know my shiz waz the shiz an i was the shiz an a big time boat racer

funny story about this one to. Racegirl Dawn an i were headed to LOTO for one of the POPRA races and we came up on this Bayliner behind this van going down the road. As we went buy and i saw the giant metal flake orange paint and giant hood scoop on the front i figured i shoud get a pic to post up here. Later that night were at the Horny Toad gettin tuned up an Dawn comes up to me with this kid that says he has to meet me and buy me a beer (she saw the boat in a dock there and found the owner). He shakes my hand smiling big as can be an says he just wanted to say thanks for slowing down to take a pic of his boat on the highway, he just got it in the water for the first that day. Walked over to check it out and he was truly proud of it and genuinly excited to be on the water. Ya know when i first saw it i have to admit i did the roll eyes and usual jokes that most of us probably would but after meeting this kid i realized he knew more about what boating was about then a lot of the yo-yo's out there. He was just happy to be on the water, put a lot of work in that boat and was damn proud of it. Bought him a couple beers and talked about the races that were going on that weekend and had a pretty good time.
Attached Thumbnails funny thanksgiving story boating related-p1010001.jpg   funny thanksgiving story boating related-p1010002.jpg   funny thanksgiving story boating related-p1010109.jpg  

funny thanksgiving story boating related-p1010110r.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
that how she know my shiz waz the shiz an i was the shiz an a big time boat racer

funny story about this one to. Racegirl Dawn an i were headed to LOTO for one of the POPRA races and we came up on this Bayliner behind this van going down the road. As we went buy and i saw the giant metal flake orange paint and giant hood scoop on the front i figured i shoud get a pic to post up here. Later that night were at the Horny Toad gettin tuned up an Dawn comes up to me with this kid that says he has to meet me and buy me a beer (she saw the boat in a dock there and found the owner). He shakes my hand smiling big as can be an says he just wanted to say thanks for slowing down to take a pic of his boat on the highway, he just got it in the water for the first that day. Walked over to check it out and he was truly proud of it and genuinly excited to be on the water. Ya know when i first saw it i have to admit i did the roll eyes and usual jokes that most of us probably would but after meeting this kid i realized he knew more about what boating was about then a lot of the yo-yo's out there. He was just happy to be on the water, put a lot of work in that boat and was damn proud of it. Bought him a couple beers and talked about the races that were going on that weekend and had a pretty good time.

Crazy set up! Did say why he went to so much trouble installing the scoop? Had one laying around and thought it would be an easy way to add some headroom or just thought it looked cool or...?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by anewway
Crazy set up! Did say why he went to so much trouble installing the scoop? Had one laying around and thought it would be an easy way to add some headroom or just thought it looked cool or...?
well judging by our conversation he was pretty new to the whole boating thing, i think he got the boat from out behind someones barn an fixed 'er up. He seemed pretty excited about the scoop and said it was the biggest one that would fit. At first i wanted to laugh but ya know as i chatted with him he was really proud of it and just out having fun, ya gotta respect that. Young guy probably early twenties didnt care about impressing no one. He just put this thing together an set out to have some fun on the water and see the races that weekend. Kinda reminded of some of the stupid crap i built when i was younger when had no idea what i was doing. We were there for the race and had full uniforms on so i think he thought that was cool and hung out for a few beers with us, seemed like a good kid although a little misguided for the moment.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great story Dave.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I am not a boat racer and I have never claimed to be one. I have a 60 MPH Scarab Sport. However, I have friends with much faster boats, and I have been boating for 40 years, so I can usually hold my own in a "go-fast" boat conversation. About 7 years ago the wife and I were on vacation in the Bahamas, and while in the pool we met a guy and starting B S ing with him and his group. After about 10 seconds I could tell he was some sort of salesman or something ( although I think he told us he was in finance ). Eventually the talk turned to powerboats, and of course he knew everything about everything.. I threw a couple of names out their and he didn't recognize them. Then he mentioned a good friend of his, Reggie Fountain. I said wow, that's a pretty big person to know in the industry, how do you know him ? ( of course everything he knew about him is common knowledge to anyone who knows anything in the powerboat industry ). So now I started asking this guy some questions about his boats and what power etc etc. He told me he had a 36 Skater, a 42 Fountain, and a 47 Fountain, pretty impressive if he actually did have them. When he started telling me about the power, that's when he was busted. He just figured the more HP, the faster the boat must be. He had the 47 Fountain with twin 950's faster than the Skater with twin 900's. I must admit though, I enjoyed our talk- even though I had to keep dodging the chunks of BS coming out of his mouth. It was probably the only person I had a conversation with in 3 days other than my wife.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Everybody knows you only use the boat racer line if you are out of town or on vacation and only if you are looking just to get laid. I thought that was common knowledge....

Can't wait until he gets tripped up on the details then starts changing his story and it goes from, "I was in the boat" to "I know a guy who knows a guy that has a brother in law whose 3rd cousin was in the boat...."
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
Everybody knows you only use the boat racer line if you are out of town or on vacation and only if you are looking just to get laid. I thought that was common knowledge....

Can't wait until he gets tripped up on the details then starts changing his story and it goes from, "I was in the boat" to "I know a guy who knows a guy that has a brother in law whose 3rd cousin was in the boat...."
Yup. Can't wait to be introduced
Old 11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Yup. Can't wait to be introduced
Be careful if the convo goes like this.....

You - So does your friend Reggie Fountain, the Micheal Jordan of Offshore Powerboats actually build boats?

Him - Well not currently

You - Do you race Offshore Boats?

Him - No but Ive ridden in lots of them

You - Do you own a boat?

Him - Well not currently

Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

LOL. Maybe he was in that vid also?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
ahhhh yes . . . . the 'ol "I'm a big time boat racer" line o' bs . . . . yea . . . i used that once or twice myself

I was at one of our river bars once with a group of boats and i was chatting up this girl on a balcony over looking the bars docks. She goes on to tell me she was with the group of hot boaters and i asked her what boat she came in on . . . . . she pointed to mine lol. Didnt go much further then that.
I think she was trying to let you know she was going HOME in that boat!!! Maybe you missed your shot!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.