Notices

Best GPS for the money

Old 11-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Extended warranty!

Soldier, I don't think all of the concerns I mentioned are easily fixed, especially the display in direct sunlight. Wild brings up another good point, how well would they hold up to the vibration and impacts of offshore boating? I would be surprised if all of these things will be easily or quickly addressed.
true and Ipad is kind of big
Old 12-02-2011, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a GPS recommendation for Canada?

Everytime I've looked they are slightly more expensive in Canada and we still need a $99 chip to load the maps for Canadian waterway (and in the case of the Garmin 640 roadways), yet they still them in Canada as ready to go...
Old 12-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kings11
Does anyone have a GPS recommendation for Canada?

Everytime I've looked they are slightly more expensive in Canada and we still need a $99 chip to load the maps for Canadian waterway (and in the case of the Garmin 640 roadways), yet they still them in Canada as ready to go...
If you are talking thousand islands area I know the map pretty much goes to candian shores. Cant speak the same for the great lakes but I am pretty sure they cover the whole lake.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I want the 1000 Islands for sure, but I want some of the lakes and rivers in Ontario itself, want to poker run in a few more, but having to get stuck in the back not knowing where your going can kind of give you a beating of its own.