Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Explain this... please (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/266338-explain-please.html)

Pismo10 11-28-2011 09:14 AM

Happens all the time in Mass where we have 10+ foot tides.

glassdave 11-28-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by vettex1 (Post 3558851)
That looks good for the drives sitting in the sand and supporting the boat.

Could pay me enough to abuse my boat like that!

theres a technique to doing it. Let the boat settle in the sand then bring the drive down just to balance and hold it level. your not actually supporting any real weight.

Surprised that is MA . . . . didnt know you guys had any beaches up there :D

Audiofn 11-28-2011 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 3558880)
theres a technique to doing it. Let the boat settle in the sand then bring the drive down just to balance and hold it level. your not actually supporting any real weight.

It is over there buddy. :D

smokin' gun 11-28-2011 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 3558880)

Well at least you understand.the tide nearly goes out while the boat is tied up absolute no harm to drives. While its beached we usually wash. The bottom

45Tripps 11-28-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by wrinkleface (Post 3558860)
X2

X3.

My water pickups are in the nose cones of my drives. There would be sand all packed into them doing this. Plus with 3 drives, and the center being lower that the outter two, and with the tie bars between 3 drives, no way I would do that.

Too each their own I guess.

Same goes for beaching the bow on the sand. Would never do that either. Sanding the bottom of the boat everytime you beach and push back out, plus if anything may be buried in the sand that may scratch the hull even worse..... no thanks.

Have fun and carry on guys...

dodgezilla04 11-28-2011 01:25 PM

but can you still get busted for BUI if you're high and dry?

lightning jet 11-28-2011 04:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Up here on lake erie some times the wind is like the tide going out

slpcamaross97 11-28-2011 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by 45Tripps (Post 3559044)
X3.

My water pickups are in the nose cones of my drives. There would be sand all packed into them doing this. Plus with 3 drives, and the center being lower that the outter two, and with the tie bars between 3 drives, no way I would do that.

Too each their own I guess.

Same goes for beaching the bow on the sand. Would never do that either. Sanding the bottom of the boat everytime you beach and push back out, plus if anything may be buried in the sand that may scratch the hull even worse..... no thanks.

Have fun and carry on guys...

X4. I guess the seller of the pictures boat can never say tis never been beached. haha.

Love this site.

STRAIGHTPRIORITY 11-28-2011 08:42 PM

i will beach mine, but i cant imagine my cig backwords on the beach...

AIR TIME 11-28-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 (Post 3558716)
So found this pic and boat is on the beach. So was it the result of the tides?

[sp] Annisqum river at the end theres a beach before the ocean. down in plymouth we have a sand bar thats about 700 yds by 400 yds and at low tide its 1 to 2 ft deep. so for8 hours at a time you can stay there. but we keep ours in 3ft water. so you either move your boat 5 times or bring a raft or swim in. we fly hugh kites, dirt bikes, golf mostly.ps in 1990 that sand bar was a lot smaller and the water at high tide was 8ft.