Just got back from the nyc poker run

Notices

Just got back from the nyc poker run

Old 06-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Just got back from the nyc poker run

There was a great turnout for such a rainy day. Jet set lead the way followed by a fleet of outerlimits. They looked great.
Old 06-15-2002, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got that right!!! Jet Set is the king of the Hudson at 172 MPH! Fastest V-Bottom was an Outerlimits I believe....Sharky got Spirit of the Hudson and Jennifer raised almost $2000 for her Charities...IT IS THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!
Old 06-15-2002, 09:58 PM
Registered

It was sure great to see so many "old" faces/friends and meet so many new OSO brothers and sisters!!!! If I leave anyone out PLEASE forgive me. There SO MANY!

Steve a.k.a Board God 2, SWEET RIDE!
Ozzie
Charlie28
Eric28
DaveP
ShanghiedAgain and Mrs. ShanghiedAgain
Miller sorry about the mis-communication dude, I thought you had my cell!
DJD Nice meeting you!
SunseekerNY...thanks for the ride for my parents..sorry they were a few minutes late, you generosity was surely appreciated!
Sharkey..YOU ARE THE MAN IN THAT BOAT!
T2x and Darren, always a pleasure.
BruceK...great to see you my friend, it was way too long since we hung. Give my best to the family.
Philip and Kim
Tripps
RayP

Again, sorry who I may have missed!

The 10mph run to the GW Bridge was ROUGH if you weren't on the frint row. We took MAJOR water over the bow 3 times and got SOAKED but laughed out azzes off the whole way! The rest of the run was a blast. Got back into the marina and the port motor quitre and wouldn't re-fire. After a little work found out it was just a stuck float and all was well. Thanks again for a GREAT time everybody, we had a blast.

Shane
Old 06-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

It was a great event. I have to thank DJD for acting as a tremendous host once again and his partner in crime, Waterspeed, for the running commentary during the event. What a great day, even if the weather sucked. The event paid tribute to the victims of 9-11, before everyone got on the gas and set the Hudson aboil.

SunseekerNY provided excellent refreshments and donated her time to raise a nice amount of money for her charity endeavors.

I was impressed by the number of OSO members I saw. Shane was gracious as usual even with a motor problem plaguing him after the event. The craziest guy in attendance, Sharkey, gave the crowds some interesting shots as he ran at stupifying speeds in his comparably small speed machine. Ozzie, was running hard out front in his incredibly cool Powerplay. BCC was the grande dame as usual riding in the spectacular What A Gas, a 42 Sterling powered Outerlimits owned and driven by the always friendly and outgoing John O'Loughlin.

The very knowledgeable T2x was in attendance as was DaveP. It was good to see both of those guys who clearly love high performance boating as much as any of us. Yet, there enthusiasm pales in comparison to that of Darren Luhrs. As usual, Darren was in the center of things at the event and was holding court with his many, many friends. It was great to see him and hang-out for awhile.

To everyone else who I missed, including Thunderdan, the event was awesome. If I've forgotten anyone, it was unintentional and I aplogize. To everyone who wasn't there, well you missed a good time here in the city.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

IT was very cool,didnt take my tripps cause of the weather,but we had a good time seeing and metting some osoers,hopefully i can post some pics, tripps
Old 06-16-2002, 09:17 AM
Registered

SunseekerNY took a lot of photos and said she'd being posting them soon. They should look awesome.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:25 AM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

It was a incredible day Even thou the weather wasn't the greatest. But once the parade of boats started it didn't matter. It was see that increasable to see that starting line up just before the G.W. bridge, What a show of power. Our little OSO raft up didn't have any where near the turn out that was expected due to the weather But it was great to finally meet some fellow members for the first time and make some new friends. I have to give special thanks to Scott in his 26 Sonic with a HP500 for giving us a ride all day after our boat blew the lower unit two minutes after we launched. Scott deserves the good Samaritan award of the day. He ran that boat WOT all day. We thought we had time to kill and went to see all the boats in the city before they started. But we accidentally got caught up in the parade. I have a tone of photos of the starting line up. but I think Sunseeker Must have more. She was in the middle of everything clicking away. She even got one of us holding our OSO banner. I'll try and post photos latter.

Paul
Old 06-16-2002, 11:13 AM
sonic99

It was a good day over all and we were happy that the rain held out until we got home. It was nice to meet OSO members and hopefully next time we will meet the others which me missed this time. We enjoyed seeing all the boats in action!

Hot Boat - it was nice meeting you and we are looking forward to going to Lake George in July. Hopefully we will see you up there.
Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Jill(sonic99) & Tony(26sonic)

Old 06-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Sonic 99 All I can say is that it was a l o n g day. But we made it. I'm looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Paul
Old 06-16-2002, 12:07 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Words just can't descibe the time I had at this event. Let's see the pics...

Starting at the lead of the pack of the 100mph plus group was the smartest thing I could have ever done, except maybe leave the boat on the trailer

I got to see all the action this year and managed to stay out of everyone's way.

Thanks to all for a great time!!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Just got back from the nyc poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.