Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FORMULA OR FOUNTAIN ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/2665-formula-fountain.html)

Spent 07-17-2001 05:05 PM

You guys are ruining any creditability this post might have originally had with the Manufacturers......keep up the good work :rolleyes:
There are a lot of people that view this board as a joke (including powerboat mag) and you guys are helping to perpetuate that opinion.....nice job :o

Dredgeking 07-17-2001 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Spent:
<STRONG>You guys are ruining any creditability this post might have originally had with the Manufacturers......keep up the good work :rolleyes:
There are a lot of people that view this board as a joke (including powerboat mag) and you guys are helping to perpetuate that opinion.....nice job :o</STRONG>
Rico, you know he's talking about you.

:p

Spent, if you were sitting around with your friends and talking boats, how would the conversation go? Would there be facts involved? Would there be ball busting involved? Would there be heresay and speculation involved? If it were me with my friends, then all of the above. That is what this board is. If people take it as a joke, then so be it. There is truth and humor on this board. This board represents real boaters with a passion for speed. I have learned much from the board members and found people who's opinions I respect (Rico). I have also found much humor and enjoyed some of the bull****. The bull**** I don't enjoy, I don't take part in. SO, BACK OFF!

Dredgeking 07-17-2001 05:38 PM

I don't care what Powerboat magazine thinks about this board. They should be concerned what WE think about their magazine. The customer is always right.

Shorgasm 07-17-2001 05:47 PM

Wow when I saw this topic I thought it was about Cruiser boats and bad wigs with even worse mr.T starter kits..... :eek: I was wrong it was just another way to bash on bayliner.....with all this trash talking you would think this is the NBA..... :mad:

DEVIL MAN 07-17-2001 05:48 PM

Spent.....Powerboat Mag thinks of this board as a joke?????? I doubt that.....if anything, Powerboat Mag should be ten times more concerned what the members of this board think of their magazine.....without a bunch of boatheads like us, Powerboat Magazine will fade away into the sunset....that is not a knock on Powerboat, that is just the way of life in the boating business or any business. Do not underestimate the power of this site...it is not even two years old. Have a good one.

DMan

Rico's Revenge 07-17-2001 05:58 PM

Originally posted by Spent:
<STRONG>You guys are ruining any creditability this post might have originally had with the Manufacturers......keep up the good work :rolleyes:
There are a lot of people that view this board as a joke (including powerboat mag) and you guys are helping to perpetuate that opinion.....nice job :o</STRONG>
I see quite a few manufacturers on this board.

I see the number of members growing daily.

I see Mike A. the head of the APBA on the board.

If Powerboat Mag. wants to downplay this board, so be it...I've already cancelled my subsciption. I like offshore, not Yamaha jetboats and cuddy cruisers and that seems to be all PB is interested in now.

With regard to the manufacturers, this is not a business tool, it is a chat session. If they want to advertise, they can buy an e-banner. If they want to participate in the threads, good for them. If they don't like the criticism they receive they can either change or ignore it. WE ARE THE CONSUMERS!! It is our money that the "manufacturers" are after. If you want to kiss the manufacturers' collective ass, do so but don't come down on the members of this board for exercising their right to say what they want.

As for you, get off your self-righteous high-horse! If you don't want to be part of OSO, then get the hell out.

Dredgeking 07-17-2001 06:01 PM

That's my boy Rico.

Spent is entitled to his opinion, but he will be over ruled here.

Shorgasm 07-17-2001 08:21 PM

SMACK SMACK Take that....... :eek:

PhantomChaos 07-17-2001 08:59 PM

DMAN-

Hey I know it's late in the day, but GEEEEEEEzzzzzzzzzz give me some kind of come back!!!!!!! These cowboys are starting to take this thread to a different topic.

BY THE WAY...........

If you guys didn't read the whole topic and responses, the $hit hit the fan AFTER he decided, WES311 decided on a FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA FORMULA.........

So we obviously (with Troutly's help, and other Formula) make him learn of the awesome features of the Formula line. By the way WES, did you go to the web-site and order you DVD featuring the new products and factory tour??????? IT IS FREEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (and good)

Nort (aka Universal Chaos)

PS: And the "D" stands for "I ordered DMAN one" :D :D

Spent 07-17-2001 11:31 PM

WOW, with one swift click of the mouse, I just became less popular than the the oblivious guy in front of me on the wave runner...(I hate that guy). :D :D :D :D :D
Chill. :p