If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I really love my beak boat, but I went from a 23' Rinker. What a difference!! Everyone has been saying the fit and finish is nicer on the Formula. I don't think that is true. You just get more space and a few more amenities. I don't think the quality is any better. Both excellent boats though!

Charter/Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    2006 American Offshore 26'
    Egg Harbor Twp, N.J. USA
    I second Offshore 1's comments...

O.K.-O.K., facts 35 Fountain w/Reggie in it 87mph/500's. Feb 2001 PB boat trials, PQ 340 Vyper 86.5mph/500's. I now have 1' more freeboard @ stern and a LOT more cabin space.

Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    so. WI
    There are good arguments for both boats. The Fountain may be a little better on the top end, but the Formula shines brighter in rough water capability. Formulas do quite well in Factory 2 racing, and the factory gives incredible support. As far as cabins, I and most other Formula owners use them for a lot more than stowage. McLeod interiors are standard, and recognized as the cutting edge in bolster seating.
    Formula WILL work with people on power and drive options. Remember, Lingenfelter is close by and his engines have been used in their boats right out of the factory.
    I for one don't have a problem with `the beak'. I think it gives Fountain Powerboats a distinctive personality. (my $.02)
    You really aren't going to go wrong with either manufacturer- they both have achieved excellent reputations.

They are two very good choices, but why stop looking there? After owning 3 Bajas (good boats)and then 3 Formulas (very good boats)I bought a phenomenal boat. Powerplay- there is no substitute!

Originally posted by INDY27:
    Go with the boat that suits YOU best,I would go with the Fountain,to me its like the FERRARI of the water,the Formula is more like Lexus.Do you want performance or HIGH PERFORMANCE?

Could not have said it better!
    The Formula is more cabin and less gauges, as for the Fountain its all in its Racing heritage.
    BTW...the whole "beak" thing is about bow lift and a dryer ride.

Charter Member #220 Charter Member
    My Boats:
    23' Cobalt Condessa, T-260's
    Burlington, KY.
    Cadillac or Ford figure it out!

Evil Twin
    If the two owners squared off, I will take Reggie. I think he as step or two on the competition.

Gorham, Maine
    Originally posted by Mike Carter:
    <STRONG>The new twin step 35 has a very deep cockpit and there is actually more head room in the cabin of the Fountain! As far as fast and better running well the 35 Fountain wins races and well...the 35 Formula has not but has been close on some smooth water races. BUT that does not really matter though and you should buy what you think looks the best to YOU. The Fountain to me has more flash and the Formula has more of a luxury look.
    Mike C.

Originally posted by KN:
    [qb]You guys are talking like the Formula is 3 feet longer than the Fountain it may be longer but not 3 feet. It also has a integrated swim platform and is not a true 35' boat. The Fountain is a faster hull but the cabin is pretty small. Either way you cant go wrong.</STRONG>
    Hi Mike you have a 29' Fountain correct, I just sold my 29' Fountain, great boat. I have only been on a single stepped 35' with the old deck I thought the cabin on that boat was small. I still would take the Fountain over a Formula but thats just my preference.

My Boats:
    02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
    Naples, Maine
    Several years ago I had a 33 Fountain ICBM and a friend of mine had a 311 Formula. The fountain was 10 to 12 mph faster on top end but at cruise @50 mph the Formula was much more efficient and rode way better. The Fountain cabin is a joke compared to Formula

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast