Notices

FORMULA OR FOUNTAIN ?

Old 07-01-2001, 01:19 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Speed I would go with Fountain. Cabin room Formula. If I could afford either new I would buy a Cig. I rode on a Top Gun last year the best ride I have ever had on a boat.
Old 07-01-2001, 11:23 AM
BACK 4 MORE

OK, time to nail this one shut!
If you want a really hot offshore boat, buy the FOUNTAIN.

Old 07-02-2001, 09:20 AM
WES311SR1

thanks guys, looked at a 38 fountain this weekend and I'll tell you: it really looks great. I think I'm leaning towards the fountain side.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:18 AM
BACK 4 MORE

Old 07-02-2001, 12:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've not ridden in a Formula, yet, but I love our Fountain and got it cause I know it's going to be fast with reliable power. However, if you overnight alot, the Formula will be more comfortable. I like the way Fountains sit in the water, but when you overnight, too much blood rushes to your head in the v-berth. If I spent a lot of time overnight, I'd look at Active thunder or Sonic.

Mark
Old 07-02-2001, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

***** I can only say !!
What manufacturer won World & National championships in 2000 in Factory 2 ????
FORMULA !! Funny thing is, they are still winning this year too !!
So much for lack of performance in a Formula.
Every Formula is not built to be a "fast" boat, but they are ALL built to be the best (or at the top of the list anyway!) all-around, good looking, sea-worthy & durable boats made anywhere & that do not become dated due to any "predominant" physical characteristic of the builder. Fountains are ok, but my buddy has one, and has almost no place to store "stuff" (HIS WORDS !!)

QUESTION:..(excerpts from prior answers above) ..At the end of the day, will a Fountain that ran 3mph faster in the short term, really be the "first" across the finish line if it does not handle the "rough" like a Formula?????

Fun question, huh !!
Old 07-02-2001, 04:21 PM
Registered

FORMULA only, real boat, real wiring, real rigging, real steering wheel not ripped off from a Dunebuggy
Old 07-02-2001, 11:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by 93formula:
<STRONG>***** I can only say !!
What manufacturer won World & National championships in 2000 in Factory 2 ????
FORMULA !! Funny thing is, they are still winning this year too !!
So much for lack of performance in a Formula.
Every Formula is not built to be a "fast" boat, but they are ALL built to be the best (or at the top of the list anyway!) all-around, good looking, sea-worthy & durable boats made anywhere & that do not become dated due to any "predominant" physical characteristic of the builder. Fountains are ok, but my buddy has one, and has almost no place to store "stuff" (HIS WORDS !!)

QUESTION:..(excerpts from prior answers above) ..At the end of the day, will a Fountain that ran 3mph faster in the short term, really be the "first" across the finish line if it does not handle the "rough" like a Formula?????

Fun question, huh !!</STRONG>
Aren't some of Formula's successful race results due in part to Fountain pulling the plug on their sponsorship/involvement in APBA due the ongoing ego contests between the two parties. I believe when Fountain was involved in APBA they had a good share of the titles. I'm not positive though, my bull**** ATT cable doesn't give me my speedvision
Old 07-03-2001, 10:55 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spent,
Since most of the Fountains returned to APBA this year in spite of Reggie saying all Fountains would go to SBI, I don't think Formulas winning season was a result of lack of competition from the Fountains. Indeed, it seemed as though when APBA tightened up the rules and tech inspections, the Fountains seemed to fall off a bit. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Fountain teams. Most of those teams have great boats and very talented crews running them.
Myself, If I was looking for a pleasure boat, I would go with Formula due, (in part), to the way Formula treats the customer AFTER the sale. The Porter family just plain does good business.
Besides that, Those Formulas run pretty damn good!
Old 07-03-2001, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

one friend has a 2001 35 lightning with twin 502mags, another a 2000 353 fastech with 500efis.....driven both, hang out on both, and have ridden in the ruff and calm with both. by far the fountain looks cooler, but the ride in the ocean is a little more jarring. for space the formula feels much bigger, cabin, boat in general. speed? two different power trains..the formula turns 32s and the fountain turns 26 both at 5000 rpm, the formula touches 80, the fountain is about 76....i am sure if the fountain had the twin 500s it would take it on top end, but only in calm water. the re entry on the formula is more forgiving...i have owned baja, formula, etc and i am not favoring either boat, just my .02

Quick Reply: FORMULA OR FOUNTAIN ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.