Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Naturally aspirated Skaters video (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/266733-naturally-aspirated-skaters-video.html)

TBAG 12-07-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Skater30 (Post 3566198)
You must be buddies with Bob Teague...........it is the boat that GOT HIT by the 32 DCB. And unless you are a complete newbie to this sport, the accident my boat was involved in five years ago has run it's course over and over and over again. So what is your point in still bringing it up?

Wow, someone struck a nerve. :eek:

Anyways, beautiful boat, love the paint.

JIMKID Motorsports 12-08-2011 08:41 AM

hay dale im disputting your speed your 30 is by far the fastest 30 to date the reason i dont post speeds is i have good insurance on my boat and want to keep it its fast enough for me and thats what matters your boat is what inspired me to build one and took it to the next levell with never done motors and drives which are working awsome

Skater30 12-08-2011 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports (Post 3566866)
hay dale im disputting your speed your 30 is by far the fastest 30 to date the reason i dont post speeds is i have good insurance on my boat and want to keep it its fast enough for me and thats what matters your boat is what inspired me to build one and took it to the next levell with never done motors and drives which are working awsome

I am just curious as to the #s you are running with your small blocks, because my first first choice of inboard power was small blocks as well. The reason I didn't go with them is that Mike D'Anniballe talked me out of them. He said that to run the speeds I wanted to run (both cruise and WOT), the motors would have had to run on race gas and would have required much more maintenance than my 588s. Since my boat stays on a lift at my dock, race gas was out of the equation, and that's why I ended up going with the low compression big blocks. Your formula of 30' cat w/ small block power is definetly cool though, and I'm glad you're happy with your setup.

customryder 12-08-2011 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Skater30 (Post 3566198)
You must be buddies with Bob Teague...........it is the boat that GOT HIT by the 32 DCB. And unless you are a complete newbie to this sport, the accident my boat was involved in five years ago has run it's course over and over and over again. So what is your point in still bringing it up?

i thought one of the arnies failed and the boat turned into the path of a few boats.. this boat was the first to start it all at the big cat poker run... please correct me if im wrong.

flight club 12-08-2011 09:59 PM

Rik, I wanted to try Arneson's on my new 412 with the new merc 1100's. Could only buy merc package. My next one is going to be a 368 or 388 with Arnesons and merc 1075's. Already have the 1075's.

Rik 12-08-2011 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by customryder (Post 3567410)
i thought one of the arnies failed and the boat turned into the path of a few boats.. this boat was the first to start it all at the big cat poker run... please correct me if im wrong.

Wrong but it is not worth dragging this **** back up after 6 yrs as Dale said!

Rik 12-08-2011 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by flight club (Post 3567413)
Rik, I wanted to try Arneson's on my new 412 with the new merc 1100's. Could only buy merc package. My next one is going to be a 368 or 388 with Arnesons and merc 1075's. Already have the 1075's.

Hey, let me know.... A 388 is my vote!

JIMKID Motorsports 12-09-2011 10:05 AM

hay dale no prob i will always luv your boat it is what started it all