Why is IMCO still in business

Notices

Why is IMCO still in business

Old 06-16-2002, 08:20 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why is IMCO still in business

Bought 2 IMCO XTREME drives from them. One devloped a problem. I called them ready to due battle over the problem. I understood the conditions of the sale but thought this was manufacture defect. Talked to Rick, who put me on with a sterndrive technician, who diagnosed the problem over the phone. I explained to them my problem had to be repaired by the weekend for a Poker run. I recieved a call back, they located a mechanic, close to me ,overnighted the parts needed and had the drive back intime for me to make the Poker run on Sat. Many thanks to Rick and Mack at IMCO and to Jim Benny in Pasadena Md at Advanced Marine. If anyone needs marine work done, I highly recommend Jim. His shop was full of work and he still kept his word to have it done by the time promised. He is at 410-255-3000. Thats why IMCO is still in business!
Old 06-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

excellent. man its a great feeling when things go like that.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:35 AM
kook

You are talking about the new SC drive, yes? What was the problem, and what was the fix?

The title of you post made me think that you had negative dealings with IMCO, but after reading your post, I find this is not the case?

Old 06-16-2002, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the title of the post I was wondering what the problem was. Glad to hear everything worked out!
Old 06-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love hearing stories like this after hearing all the negatives. They are on my list of people to do bus. with now
Old 06-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool IMCO family

From Fred Inman Sr, Fred Jr, Rick in sales, Dave in customer service, Belinda the office manager, there is no finer group of people in the marine industry, and thats just in San Dimas. Out in Boulder Citys IMCO Nevada you have Frank and Ron. Any one of them can answer most of your problems while walking you thru on the phone. Their products are only excelled by the people who make them...
Old 06-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

After having lost 'my spot' in line at another exhaust manufacturer I called everyone trying to find 2 sets. I heard anywhere from 4-8 weeks--- until i called IMCO. Dave said -----I'll ship them out at 4 pm, and you'll have them by tuesday'. Called the next morning, apologized that someone had shipped small block risers and said ----' I don't have any in stock but i'll make them for you and send them on monday, send the others back and i'll cover the shipping' Sure enough the manifolds were in on tuesday and the risers came in on thursday, just as he said. ----Finally someone who does what he says!!!! Hats off to them.

Now, if all the marine parts weren't so damn much money!