Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Barrie on Baja, Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line Future: “Four strong brands entrenched i >

Barrie on Baja, Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line Future: “Four strong brands entrenched i

Notices

Barrie on Baja, Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line Future: “Four strong brands entrenched i

Old 12-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts
Default Barrie on Baja, Donzi, Fountain and Pro-Line Future: “Four strong brands entrenched i

Some interesting stuff directly from Craig Barrie, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...rketplace.html
Old 12-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Interesting. Hope it all works out. I like being a "boutique" boat owner!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope he gets them up and rolling again.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry, but "yawn"
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
sorry, but "yawn"
Disagree, respectfully of course, Bill.

Things will never be what they once were in the go-fast boat world, especially on the production-model side, but I'd rather listen to someone speaking modestly about future plans than dishing out pure hyperbole.

Just following the story as it continues to unfold. To be sure, it's been a long one. To be equally sure, the end is from written.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
sorry, but "yawn"

Old 12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Congratulations: Craig Berrie

As always, let us know if there is anything we can support you with the Baja product line.

XT
Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Disagree, respectfully of course, Bill.

Things will never be what they once were in the go-fast boat world, especially on the production-model side, but I'd rather listen to someone speaking modestly about future plans than dishing out pure hyperbole.

Just following the story as it continues to unfold. To be sure, it's been a long one. To be equally sure, the end is from written.
pm sent
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Dragon was a HUGE success not to mention was marketed well. So I can see why they would put someone in charge with experience to market these muti-million dollar brands.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Registered

Its going to be very tough going forward, and not like it was. Fuel costs are not longer inconsequential, and until we move beyond petroleum, it will never again be cheap. All the cheap oil has been pumped.

The non-petroleum approaches are not close to being ready for large production. When ready, energy will be very, very cheap. Might happen in a decade. Unfortunately, money really talks, so high energy costs make entrenched energy companies very powerful. Might be a century before we get out of the clutches of expensive Big Oil.

Europe, with an equivalent or higher standard of living than the USA, has had high gas prices for decades. The performance powerboat market there is very small. Even ski boats are extremely rare. So that is probably what we can expect.

In fact, anything to do with big engines is quite rare over there. For decades, the **majority** of Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, and sporty high horsepower Mercedes and other European gas guzzlers have been sold not just in the USA, but in Southern California. More recently, Metro New York and Southern Florida. That is how far skewed our experience with motor driven recreation is compared to the rest of the world with gas prices this high. We personally experience most of the people on the planet who share this interest.

There is no NASCAR in Europe. F-1 is a glamour spectator sport (watch the glamourous spectators). Non-motorized recreation dominates there. Expect the same here.

Therefore, Barrie's plan for very low volume, very high customer focus, may well be the only successful business model going forward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.