Gas Caddies - Anybody use them? >

Gas Caddies - Anybody use them?

Notices

Gas Caddies - Anybody use them?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Gas Caddies - Anybody use them?

I filled up my Fountain's 320 gal. of tanks last Nov. with 93 octane and fully Sta-Bil-ized all the gas. We may have 120-150gal. left this season since we have been having so many low water issues on Texas lakes this year. I am considering just removing the gas over the coming months a little at a time using one of these and burning it in our cars. I am thinking about the Todd 28 or the Northern Tool 30, each of which comes with its own pump. Anybody ever use one of these? Are they safe and easy to use? How fast do they pump? Can they siphon from the boats tank through the fuel fill or do you have to disconnect the fuel line and remove the gas that way?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Trailer that bad mofo up to Texoma and I'll help you run all the gas out of it.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You need to find a new place to boat if you're only using 200 gal a season... I seem to use that much in a week or two!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been usuing the Todd 28's for years to fill the boat and everything else. Put a 3/4 hose on the bottom valve and let her rip! Saves on having to buy marina fuel which is @50-75 cents per gallon more! I have 3 and can haul 90 gallons at a time when needed. They roll easy when filled if they have the rubber tires on them.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use this to put it in at the slip,had a holley blue pump laying around,ended up putting a bulkhead #8 in the cap with a pvc tube going down to the bottom of the drum/like a pickup.its a 35gall drum,its alittle heavy unloading out of the truck,dolly to the boat,I dought anybody is going to pick it up and put it in the truck full,its takes 15-20min to pump out.

Pumping it out I disconnect the #10 line coming out of the fuel pump on the boat motor,made up a hose with a union and it just pumps it into the drum,These drums had a cleaning fluid in them,you can prob find them pretty easy.I like the plastic ones better.I drain my tanks every winter.

This might be cheaper and hold more fuel?
Attached Thumbnails Gas Caddies - Anybody use them?-11-07-3-128-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know if the ones you listed have electric pumps on them but make sure you get one with a decent sized pump. The gravity ones take forever with the stock lines.

I like Strip's idea, maybe get a rubber tired dolly from Tractor Supply and strap it right to the barrel. I get barrels just like that from two friends who buy their chemicals for work in them, they are very common now and have very thick plastic.

Just be careful with gas fumes and connecting pumps to batteries
Old 08-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS930
You need to find a new place to boat if you're only using 200 gal a season... I seem to use that much in a week or two!
Right.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a blue barrel like Strip with an air fitting on it. I made a diptube to the bottom with PVC and hook a hose up to that. Use an air tank to pressure it up and blow the fuel right into the boat. Takes about 10 minutes to dump 30 gallons and no sparks.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Trailer that bad mofo up to Texoma and I'll help you run all the gas out of it.
Not a bad idea...!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
I use a blue barrel like Strip with an air fitting on it. I made a diptube to the bottom with PVC and hook a hose up to that. Use an air tank to pressure it up and blow the fuel right into the boat. Takes about 10 minutes to dump 30 gallons and no sparks.
What size air tank are you using and how much pressure in the drum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.