Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Heads Up Mechanical Trim/Drive Indicators >

Heads Up Mechanical Trim/Drive Indicators

Notices

Heads Up Mechanical Trim/Drive Indicators

Old 12-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That price for a 4 track is just the dash unit , ad 279 per for actuators , tru hull fittings and 3.99 per ft cable over 16 ft . All said and done over 2 K . My complete 4 track will be around 1200 and that is everything you need , NO EXTRA PARTS TO BUY !Stainless marine 4 track and 4 Act , cables , thru hulls you talking over 2100!!!!!

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 12-08-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My, you must be a real innovator. Have you considered inventing anything else?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
My, you must be a real innovator. Have you considered inventing anything else?

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you never have to invent or prototype anything, it is MUCH cheaper to make a product. Are you Chinese?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

Well you get what you pay for. everything i have ever bought from stainless marine was top quality and the service is too.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered

They make nice stuff and I believe it was Blue-water that made the first indicator in dash unit . I will tell you this I have a buddy with a 30 skater that went thru 6 cables in 2 yrs from Stainlerss marine
Old 12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
They make nice stuff and I believe it was Blue-water that made the first indicator in dash unit . I will tell you this I have a buddy with a 30 skater that went thru 6 cables in 2 yrs from Stainlerss marine
if they are not calibrated correctly...as in; the cable cannot hit the stop while the drive or tab is still moving. even a millimeter or two over a period will fray the cable and then snap it fairly quick after the first strand in the cable gives. this is the only trade off for the thin flexible SSM cable.

ps...pop up style indicators are more susceptible to debris and the elements of an open boat. i've spent far more time servicing, cleaning, and calibrating SSM in an existing application VS. a Livorsi were all the upkeep is done at the drive and or tabs.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had Stainless Marines No Slack cables on two different Donzi's for more than 10 yrs with no problems ever. If you adjust them correctly (as in they don't bottom out at either end) there isn't a problem with them.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rottiguy
Well you get what you pay for. everything i have ever bought from stainless marine was top quality and the service is too.
Very true. They have made it happen for me and overnighted me parts for a race in the past few years...even 15 years ago they overnighted me their LED replacement bulbs on two different occasions.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32

Looking forward to seeing your finished product. And to those critical of you...........two words..........FREE ENTERPRISE. Wonder if Bluewater sent SM a nastygram when SM came out with their indicator?