Notices

Paypal

Old 12-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like em better dean when they throw in a couple extra $$$ thousand and want you to Western Union the $$$$ back to them
good luck on your Sale

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotten those emails from selling in the classifieds here.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
RHR,
I sent him this email this morning:

Jose,
Yes I can assure you that the van is in great condition. However, I do not feel comfortable doing the deal through PayPal. I always do business in person. If you have someone who can act on your behalf come look at the van, test drive it, etc., we can do the deal that way with a cashier's check or cash.
Thanks for your interest.
Dean
my Gosh the name JOSE should of been a red flag
be interesting to see his reply he will move onto his next 100 victims and try to score

Old 12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
my Gosh the name JOSE should of been a red flag
be interesting to see his reply he will move onto his next 100 victims and try to score

RHR,
Jose did send up my radar, and my 1st email back to "Jose" was "Here is my cell # xxx-xxx-xxxx, give me a call so we can discuss this transaction" Never got the ph. call
Old 12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
How are they not, the money directly pulled and set against that cashiers check? Banks rarely hold anything for 7 days anymore anyways.
That's exactly what I said when the bank told me they were gonna hold it for 7 days. I'm also with a Credit Union so they follow slightly different rules.

Either way, cash or wire is all I will do anymore. Too much a pia any other way. Hell, most smart phones these days can do instant transfers from one account to another.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Once pay pal has deposited the money into your account its yours, ITS SAFE. In case your scared call PayPal and verify. Only thing is I think paypall will keep a fee off of that. I use pay pall and its fine, are there scams yes. But when it comes to money going into your account, its YOURS once its in there.

Not saying I dont like cash or cashiers check better. But it is a technique.
Not true, it can get suspended.

Theres many threads like this one. Paypal does very little for disputes on buyer or sellers end. either way it will be a long time consuming process.

I was a buyer and got porked for $2g . Never saw a dime after countless emails and hrs on the phone. Police reports etc....

Paypal blows!!!!

cash and carry!!!!!!

Paypal is like door locks!!!! It keeps the honest, honest!!!

Last edited by scarab63; 12-12-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Banned

Once pay pal has deposited the money into your account its yours, ITS SAFE. In case your scared call PayPal and verify. Only thing is I think paypall will keep a fee off of that. I use pay pall and its fine, are there scams yes. But when it comes to money going into your account, its YOURS once its in there.

its YOURS once its in there

apparently you dont know P@ypal very well ;and if the buyer/purchaser pays with CC your double fvcked . remember P@ypal offers BUYERS protection plan get it BUYERS PROTECTION PLAN

a. you can't get your $$$ same day anyway its usually 3 day wait & thats if there on there toes
b. some one can get a flat tire on the way home with a used car purchase and do a paypal claim and your funds & sometimes entire accounts are locked down .. and no phone #s for paypal or office address so its all handled thru emails

carry on !!!!!! teach me something BIG Boy
Old 12-12-2011, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

+1 to RHR
Old 12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Be careful.

Last edited by dbkski; 12-13-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered

You are dead WRONG. Paypal can and will retract the funds if the buyer files a complaint. If you have already done a transfer of the funds, paypal can actually cancel the transfer. When you transfer funds from Paypal it takes upwards of 3 days for that transfer to pass through the treasury. During this time paypal can cancel the transfer if a buyer files a complaint. If you are able to sucessfully transfer the funds, then the buyer files the complaint they will place a hold on the account, once any money hits your paypal acount it will be held. I believe they can even pull the funds back if you have a bank account on file (this hasn't happened to me becasue I maintain a balance to issue refunds from).

As an Internet retailer that accepts paypal I have to deal with this every so often. . Paypal will charge a fee so a big transaction will hurt.

As much as I hate Paypal, I am forced to use it as I loose sales if I don't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.