Notices

Paypal

Old 12-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sell 20 plus cars a month with eBay and will not take PayPal.

Only accept wire, cash, Cashiers check or financing. No Paypal not even for deposits.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Thanks guys, I've already sent the NO to Paypal approach to the buyer, offered him to come look at in person, or send a rep for him. Another signal that something is wrong, he didn't even ask about the title!?
Thanks,
Dean
I don't know if anyone's said this, but one thing about PayPal I don't love is the transaction fee. I think it's a bit high for what's actually being done.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Here's the email I got from this guy this morning:

"Hi there, Thank you for getting back to me.Can you assure me that the
vehicle is in good state and that i will not be disappointed with it
and I'm ready to pay your asking price.To be honest, i wanted to buy
this for my father as a surprise birthday gift,he has being there for
me and doesn,t deserve something less but the issue is I'm a marine
contractor and i just got a contract which i am doing presently and
The contract is strictly no call, due to the lack of reception on the
sea area,,But I'm able to access email anytime as we will make use of
laptop so my only quickest payment option is PayPal as i can send
money via PayPal anytime.Moreso i choose paypal for this transaction
cause i want to avoid the scams going down on the internet this
days,and want the both party to be on a safe side cause paypal
security measure is unbeatable.Since I'm requesting this transaction
to be done via PayPal, i will be responsible for all the pay pal
fee/charges on this transaction and if you don't have an account with
paypal, its pretty easy, safe and secured to open one. Just log on to
www.paypal.com. I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I
have a mover that will come for it once payment clears and they will
be handling the title for me.So i look forward to hear from you soon."
I had the same story on the sale of my boat. I could not get a phone # out of the person and I told them they could shove it where the sun dont shine!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I don't know if anyone's said this, but one thing about PayPal I don't love is the transaction fee. I think it's a bit high for what's actually being done.
don't be a cheapskate its a very small price to pay for the convience of completing a transaction in seconds so it can move on to shipping ,and not have to Jack with post office money orders,mailing ca$h,envelopes,stamps, and the rest of the crap that goes with it ...

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm done with paypal. And while they cannot reach into your account even if it's linked, they will refund the amount to the buyer if they basically dispute anything and put a lien against your account. Then collections etc etc. I've dealt with this before and all the buyer has to do is show proof of a return slip or refusing the item. They can send back an empty box for crying out loud. Stay away from paypal in general unless you're using it to buy something small, never accept payment for something you're selling though. Just speaking from experience.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by machloosy
I'm done with paypal. And while they cannot reach into your account even if it's linked, they will refund the amount to the buyer if they basically dispute anything and put a lien against your account. Then collections etc etc. I've dealt with this before and all the buyer has to do is show proof of a return slip or refusing the item. They can send back an empty box for crying out loud. Stay away from paypal in general unless you're using it to buy something small, never accept payment for something you're selling though. Just speaking from experience.
for small items its a lifesaver and also helps to know who your dealing with , on ebay feedback will tell you alot and if they have 5 star rating there good as GOLD

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
don't be a cheapskate its a very small price to pay for the convience of completing a transaction in seconds so it can move on to shipping ,and not have to Jack with post office money orders,mailing ca$h,envelopes,stamps, and the rest of the crap that goes with it ...

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!
thats my question if you run a business or want to sell something to somebody far away is there really any other method?

I would think paypal should insure the funds when they are deposited. Again really no good way to do anything without disadvantaging the seller or the buyer
Old 12-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by soldier4402
thats my question if you run a business or want to sell something to somebody far away is there really any other method?
I would think paypal should insure the funds when they are deposited. Again really no good way to do anything without disadvantaging the seller or the buyer

DUH BANK WIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can only imagine the amount of claims opened up and put thru paypal but they should come up with a better arbitration system

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bo at:
Old 12-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
DUH BANK WIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can only imagine the amount of claims opened up and put thru paypal but they should come up with a better arbitration system

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bo at:
I guess but then you run into hey dude I wired money where is my boat and vice versa, I guess pay pal would at least have somewhat of a document trail. IDK i guess cross state buying is always a tough one.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I guess but then you run into hey dude I wired money where is my boat and vice versa, I guess pay pal would at least have somewhat of a document trail. IDK i guess cross state buying is always a tough one.
have bought and sold collector cars,heavy equiptment,boats, overseas and never had any problem using Bank wires for the buying or the selling end of the deals . have flown to look at a piece ,made the deal ,phoned home for a bank wire, and within a few hours $$$ was there ,piece was loaded on a semi and headed back for the plane ride home .. choose who you have dealings with wisely

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.