Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's happening with used performance boats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267141-whats-happening-used-performance-boats.html)

C_Spray 12-13-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3570354)
Some folks don't sell them in a crappy market, but redo their boats completely so it is BETTER than a factory new boat. :drink::drink::drink::drink:

I did that to BOTH of my boats even before the market went crappy. Go figure. :confused:

VetteLT193 12-13-2011 02:49 PM

The new boat market stinks. It's going to remain this way until the prices level out.

It's pretty darn tough to pull the trigger on a new boat when you can get a used one, in near perfect condition, for literally half price. It's always been drive it off the lot, lost a bunch of $$$ deal with new boats but right now it's beyond excessive.

With that said, 2 things are happening.... current owners aren't upgrading and potential buyers aren't buying new anyway.

In the end this will level the price out. As the supply decreases, prices will go up to a more reasonable level, and then new boats will become attractive again

Keith Atlanta 12-13-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by VetteLT193 (Post 3570363)
The new boat market stinks. It's going to remain this way until the prices level out.

It's pretty darn tough to pull the trigger on a new boat when you can get a used one, in near perfect condition, for literally half price. It's always been drive it off the lot, lost a bunch of $$$ deal with new boats but right now it's beyond excessive.

With that said, 2 things are happening.... current owners aren't upgrading and potential buyers aren't buying new anyway.

In the end this will level the price out. As the supply decreases, prices will go up to a more reasonable level, and then new boats will become attractive again

That actually makes sense. Good call.

PhantomChaos 12-13-2011 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 3570362)
I did that to BOTH of my boats even before the market went crappy. Go figure. :confused:

Maybe YOU started this whole situation then!!! :D :drink:

jayboat 12-13-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta (Post 3570386)
That actually makes sense. Good call.

x2 :drink:

Philm 12-13-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 3570298)

I, however, am willing to consider any extravagant offers on either of my boats.... ;)

I will give you a full case of Guinness and two bags of jalepeno Doritos for the Big Boat, and half a case of warm Bud Light Limes and most of a WalMart chicken for the small one!:coolcowboy:

Let me know when i can pick them up!!:party-smiley-004: