Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hydrohoist ?? disassembly in NE MD (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267147-hydrohoist-disassembly-ne-md.html)

Ran-Dom 32 12-13-2011 02:43 PM

Hydrohoist ?? disassembly in NE MD

I recently purchased a 15,000 cap. 4 tank side tie model, that I need to disassemble in order to get it home, anyone have any Idea how heavy the 32' x 32" pontoons weigh roughly? can two fairly decent shape guys load them onto a trailer? I can only do this on a weekend & the marina is not open this time of year in MD. anyone live nearby willing to lend a hand
thanks,

H20 Toie 12-13-2011 02:59 PM

way to heavy for two people
Even with four it was almost impossible to put on a trailer

get a fork lift and have four people

Ran-Dom 32 12-13-2011 03:07 PM

HH just emailed me back, the big tanks are 536lbs each :eek:

Philm 12-13-2011 03:41 PM

Where in MD? If you are getting it this week, I will help out depending on how far it is away.

fountain4play 12-13-2011 04:04 PM

If it's in the water my suggesstion is to get an expert to take it out you will save more in the long run... If it's on the shore I'd still probably have somebody who works on them give the best advice on how to take it apart...

Btw, you can probably look in the yellow pages for a dive service that specializes in floating lifts that inadvertantly go to the bottom... Not saying how I know this gem of advice....LOL...

Ran-Dom 32 12-13-2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Philm (Post 3570401)
Where in MD? If you are getting it this week, I will help out depending on how far it is away.

It's located at anchor marina in northeast MD, It's going to be hoisted out of the water tomorrow & put on blocks in the parking lot, Saturday am, I plan on disassembling & would just need a hand to load the 2 big tanks onto the trailer

shotgun 12-13-2011 04:29 PM

Those tubes are super heavy, I had a ship yard label and take mine apart. We downloaded directions and schematic for hydrohoist and with a forklift and some patience it was not difficult to assemble.

Philm 12-13-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32 (Post 3570442)
It's located at anchor marina in northeast MD, It's going to be hoisted out of the water tomorrow & put on blocks in the parking lot, Saturday am, I plan on disassembling & would just need a hand to load the 2 big tanks onto the trailer

Well that is convenient. They have a giant forklift that for a certain amount of money I bet they would use for you. I launch there all summer. PM me with your number and I will shoot down and give you a hand if I am not busy.

Ran-Dom 32 12-13-2011 05:11 PM

I can't get there during the week, that's the problem, I'll pm you Philm, thanks

POWERPLAY J 12-13-2011 05:17 PM

Wish I knew. My buddy has one right here he wants to sell.