Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2012 38 Top Gun with 8.2 MAG HO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267243-2012-38-top-gun-8-2-mag-ho.html)

tomtbone1993 12-15-2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Boat Boss (Post 3572023)
Yep!

thats all good...w/reliable power...:coolcowboy:

jeff1000man 12-15-2011 07:20 PM

Is that the warranty on the complete powertrain? Is it limited by anything? And how much cheaper if any is that than a 525 rigged boat?

What was the selling price of that rig?

redbud35 12-15-2011 07:34 PM

Hope the guy likes it. Can't imagine how bad the resale will be.

Boat Boss 12-15-2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 3572052)
Is that the warranty on the complete powertrain? Is it limited by anything? And how much cheaper if any is that than a 525 rigged boat?

What was the selling price of that rig?

Call john at sportboats marine. 239-466-6117

Jupiter Sunsation 12-15-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by redbud35 (Post 3572063)
Hope the guy likes it. Can't imagine how bad the resale will be.

After you figure in the cheaper insurance, long warranty span, lack of 525 header problems and the cheaper up front costs I bet the guy will be even money with a guy that buys a new 525 boat.

Besides, the power can always be swapped out for the next owner, 525's aren't exactly rare.

Phil built a 496 HO TG a few years ago in pink, I think the paint was more detrimental to resale than the power.

HabanaJoe 12-15-2011 07:46 PM

That boat is perfect, the power is great if you want to use the boat all the time and cruise with it. You can run that anywhere and not worry about gas or anything - if I could I'd buy a stock boat like that before I ever brought something with big power - then again diesels are always my first choice!:drink:

Rippem 12-16-2011 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe (Post 3572072)
That boat is perfect, the power is great if you want to use the boat all the time and cruise with it. You can run that anywhere...

x2

have said it before more than once and been bashed
the days of having any chance of having the fastest boat in your nieghborhood without INSANELY deep pockets are over
so is the exclusivity of blue motors
so screw it!
keep it reasonable, long-term reliable and warranteeable
just go boating!

I think it's less and less about big power and big speed anymore recreationally for any number of reasons, costs not being the least of them...downtime potential is greater, ect.
I feel, and felt in '03 the new trend for the masses is/was going to eventually be about the boat itself, how it is kept, comfort and convenience mods, and how it shows...
with the hatch closed!

I felt this was the way to go when I bought my 353 in '03
No headers to buy
No head rebuilds (or worse) every xxx hours
nothing but oil changes, impellers, and the occassional external part failure or sensor
NO multiple thousands of dollars at a time in engine repairs!
relatively easy on drives too!
I think I was ahead of my time!! :drink:

I mean really, if it's something you're going to keep and run for 7-10 years and 1000 hours, what's the real cost of ownership vs. other bigger HP routes?
favorable. very favorable
and at that age for sale, the (big) power's always a question mark anyway or has cost a fortune to freshen for sale.
So this talk of "loosing your azz" on a configuration such as this in comparison is pure poopy
no more, and maybe depending on length of ownership, less lost azz!

These motors with lower specific HP output per cube can and have run thousands of hours in hard-working commercial applications and never been opened...

try that with HP over 1 per cube...

Not to mention- look what these modern hulls will run on this kind of power!
Have we lost all perspective?

BURNSMAZZ 12-16-2011 05:02 AM

Damn nice boat.Be proud as a peacock to sport that!

Dean Ferry 12-16-2011 06:13 AM

Awesome rig. :)

BLAZE 12-16-2011 06:29 AM

Sweet!!!!!!