Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Economy is better are boat sales up? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267289-economy-better-boat-sales-up.html)

bajarick 12-16-2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Originalronza (Post 3572756)
Finally seems like things in the economy are looking up, are new boat sales looking up as well? Sure hope so

WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originalronza 12-16-2011 08:35 PM

Things are looking pretty good here in the Midwest. Unemployment down below 6.5 percent, we have secured several multi million$ commercial contracts, and real estate ventures. Everyone I'm talking to is doing much better, and store sales are up this year. Maybe other areas are just a little behind us, but it is getting better. I hope the boat manufacturers are doing better

Marginmn 12-16-2011 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Originalronza (Post 3572865)
Things are looking pretty good here in the Midwest. Unemployment down below 6.5 percent, we have secured several multi million$ commercial contracts, and real estate ventures. Everyone I'm talking to is doing much better, and store sales are up this year. Maybe other areas are just a little behind us, but it is getting better. I hope the boat manufacturers are doing better

Reminds me of that guy from Puducah KY who back in 2007/08 insisted that the economy was humming and that the slowdown was just a big media conspiracy to make Bush look bad. He was an accountant and ALL his customers were just dong gangbusters according to him. He went from living on here to just fading away after the crash. Haven't seen him post in years.

You from Paducah?

Tres 12-16-2011 09:26 PM

Same crap as last year, roller coaster.

offshoredrillin 12-16-2011 09:50 PM

Oh Jim, say it isn't so :)

cigboat1 12-16-2011 10:05 PM

He's one of Bush's buddies!!!!!

Jim

brivander 12-16-2011 10:26 PM

Jesus, I don't know where you are in the Midwest buts that's certainly not the picture for the majority. The Midwest has the highest unemployment in the country as a whole (we go between 1st and 2nd). Certainly certain parts could be doing better than others, but 6.5 percent is like pre-recession numbers...

I'd venture to say if we had 6.5 percent unemployment as a whole we wouldn't be talking about this.

zimm1978 12-16-2011 10:33 PM

i only see 600 boats for sale,(in the classifieds) there was over 1,000 last year...i would say either people are just keeping them or they are selling like hot cakes!

mach1magnum 12-16-2011 10:34 PM

so so here in the boston area if you have a job Keep it

frankenstein 12-17-2011 01:08 AM

I'm always a positive person so this is way out of character for me, but the only reason unemployment numbers get better is because peoples unemployment benefits run out. They always try to pad the numbers, but the fact is that their time ran out. The so called experts won't say that, they want you to think that thousands of people are back to work, but that's not the case. Some people are getting back to work. I have friends that are union carpenters in Queens and NYC, and they have been out for 2 years or more, and they're getting called back for SOME work. They're getting a couple months job at JFK airport, or odd things here and there, but at least it's looking up. Back to the point though, the unemployment numbers that they throw at us are definitely not accurrate, alot of blowing smoke