Old 12-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i'll be happy just finding the bottom
Old 12-17-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
EVERYBODY with brains knows the Democrats control Chicago news, and nobody in politics in Chicago tells the truth anyways,, the drop in UE numbers this month is because of expiration of benefits last month as pointed out before.... HUGE roller coaster here in So Fla, i'm paying Christmas bonuses this year from my personal savings account, did that the last two years as well...
You got that right! Being from Chicago, you get used to some things that other people don't even think about. The Dems run not only the biggest counties, but the state overall. Most politicans are crooks; just look at the fact that the past 2 governers are convicted criminals both sentenced to federal time and out of the last 7, 4 have been convicted felons. Its no different anywhere else, but in Illinois you know that going in. Just look at Rick Scott (gov in Fl).

With all of that said, lets not forget that the republicans are responsible for the worst economy in decades. Obama hasn't done everything right, but having a minority in the house severely limits what he can do.

The bottom line is that eventually it will all come back as strong or stronger than ever regardless of who is running it. It may be "different" in some ways, but it will be.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a decline to YW Brokers:

U.S. Brokerage Sales Decline in November
By John Burnham

Both seasonally and compared to November 2010, brokerage sales for the month were lower in November, according to U.S. members of YachtWorld.com reporting in Soldboats.com. The number of boats sold declined 7 percent, from 1936 boats a year ago to 1805 boats in November 2011. The total value of boats sold fell by 49 percent, from $387 million to $199 million.

If you read the aggregated Soldboats.com reports every month, you’ll recognize that the valuation of sales in November 2010 was extraordinary and that last month’s result was in a similar range to September ($196 million) and October ($259 million). Still, sales were down for every size range in November. Sales of boats 26 to 45 feet were down 4 to 5 percent, and boats under 26 feet were off 9 percent. Bigger-boat categories declined the most, with boats 46 to 55 feet off 11 percent at 117 boats, and boats over 55 feet, off 16 percent with 65 boats sold.

All size ranges recorded lower values, especially boats over 55 feet, where total value of boats sold declined to $59 million, from $231 million a year ago. A significant part of that decrease was the result of a 50-percent drop in superyacht sales (boats over 80 feet): 8 boats were reported sold in that size range, down from 16, for a total value of $21 million, compared to $79 million a year earlier.

Through 11 months of 2011, 27,091 boats were reported sold, which is a decrease of 3 percent, or 831 boats, compared to 2010 . Despite the lower value of sales in November, valuation for the year remained up 5 percent for the year, with $3.11 billion in sales.

John Burnham is Editorial Director of Dominion Marine Media.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Thought this was about boat sales?
Old 12-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
Thought this was about boat sales?
I thought it was about how the economy is supposedly stronger and a question about boat sales...................

The original post said that in chicago, the unemployment rate is 6.9 or something rediculous like that and then asked if boat sales are up...................
Old 12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Reminds me of that guy from Puducah KY who back in 2007/08 insisted that the economy was humming and that the slowdown was just a big media conspiracy to make Bush look bad. He was an accountant and ALL his customers were just dong gangbusters according to him. He went from living on here to just fading away after the crash. Haven't seen him post in years.

You from Paducah?
And oil was gonna go to $20 a barrel
Old 12-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Originalronza
Chicago
put that pipe down BIG Daddy , not unless your on 1 of ole mayor Richie Daleys pay for play jobs at Ohare Intl, or Ob@mas tiger road projects .

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 12-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL!!! I've been buying guns and safes. As far as boat sales are concerned Cig is busy as hell but I would bet a large percentage of those sales are foreign buyers.

As far as the government unemployment numbers are concerned you have to look how they are manipulated and how they are figured (compared to how they were figured in the past). Not sure if you saw the change in the housing sales numbers from NAR from 2007 till 2011 (uh yeah, they were off 30%). Hell, factor in the weakening of the dollar when looking at the DOW and then factor in the companies that are no longer part of the DOW (a 12,000 DOW in 2011 in not the same as a 12,000 DOW in 2007)

I have been in an Obama holding pattern since 2008 and have no thoughts of changing my plans until he is replaced with a true conservative. I will continue to enjoy my "old/slow" boat until I see some major changes.

Sorry, I don't think we are any where near being out of this.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
LOL!!! I've been buying guns and safes. As far as boat sales are concerned Cig is busy as hell but I would bet a large percentage of those sales are foreign buyers.

As far as the government unemployment numbers are concerned you have to look how they are manipulated and how they are figured (compared to how they were figured in the past). Not sure if you saw the change in the housing sales numbers from NAR from 2007 till 2011 (uh yeah, they were off 30%). Hell, factor in the weakening of the dollar when looking at the DOW and then factor in the companies that are no longer part of the DOW (a 12,000 DOW in 2011 in not the same as a 12,000 DOW in 2007)

I have been in an Obama holding pattern since 2008 and have no thoughts of changing my plans until he is replaced with a true conservative. I will continue to enjoy my "old/slow" boat until I see some major changes.

Sorry, I don't think we are any where near being out of this.

as much as i hate to say it you may want to get some nyquil and go to sleep for the next 4 yrs cause we're phuched

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3573179]as much as i hate to say it you may want to get some nyquil and go to sleep for the next 4 yrs cause we're phuched

I think you hit the nail on the head.

I've not had much luck selling my boat so I guess I'll just keep it for the next 4 years. I would give somebody a GREAT deal but not a gift

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.