Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Went for a VERY chilly boat ride yesterday (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267388-went-very-chilly-boat-ride-yesterday.html)

Young Performance 12-18-2011 06:48 PM

Went for a VERY chilly boat ride yesterday

5 Attachment(s)
We had the lake all to ourself yesterday. Even though it was cold, it sure was nice not having to deal with the WAFI's and lake lice (jet ski's).
We had to take it for a quick run to check everything out after giving the engine compartment a face lift. We painted the engines and floor plates, changed the valve covers and flame arrestors, accessory brackets, installed a new hydraulic hatch ram, etc.
Eddie

sommerfliesby 12-18-2011 06:57 PM

Damn I love that boat. Looking GOOD Mike!

boatfreak 12-18-2011 08:09 PM

Thanks for everything Eddie. I really like the way she turned out. In a few weeks she is headed back to Florida for a complete cockpit face lift and a couple poker runs.

Young Performance 12-18-2011 09:14 PM

Thank you, Mike, for letting me do it. It was a pretty big job, but lots of fun. I'm glad that you are pleased with the outcome. That's all that matters to me. Now go enjoy it. Talk soon.
Thank you again for your business.
Eddie

Catmando 12-18-2011 09:55 PM

Hmmmm...lessee...big ol V bottom, maybe 37-38 feet...single step...what could it be??? :lolhit:

Who you gonna have do the cockpit, PPI?

boatfreak 12-18-2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3574245)
Hmmmm...lessee...big ol V bottom, maybe 37-38 feet...single step...what could it be??? :lolhit:

Who you gonna have do the cockpit, PPI?

It's going back to the factory.

R Addiction 12-18-2011 10:23 PM

Looks great Mike! Hey Eddie, maybe it would have been a little warmer if you waited for the sun to come up! Nice work on a hard runnin' 37 AT. Interior work too? Third bolster? No Go pro video from that test run Mike? BRRRRRR!

Young Performance 12-18-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction (Post 3574258)
Looks great Mike! Hey Eddie, maybe it would have been a little warmer if you waited for the sun to come up! Nice work on a hard runnin' 37 AT. Interior work too? Third bolster? No Go pro video from that test run Mike? BRRRRRR!

Wait for it to come up....hell, the sun was going down. That pic was at about 5:00 pm. We was out for about 2 hours or so. I even put long pants on. It takes quite a bit for me to give up the shorts.
It wouldn't have been that bad if I could have stayed beyond the wind screen. I was worried about logs and just couldn't see them that good if I stayed behind the wind screen. Once my nose got above it, it got cold real quick. Didn't stop us from running over 90 though:drink:
Thanks guys.
Eddie

boatfreak 12-18-2011 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction (Post 3574258)

Wow the way Eddie describes the ride I wish I could have been there.:eek:

Thanks John, the interior is just showing its age and we've been wanting to update the cockpit for a few years. It already has the third bolster setup.

TeamSaris 12-18-2011 11:21 PM

Cold rides are great :D Helmet, gloves, good to go!