Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Noise and Neighbors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267459-noise-neighbors.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-22-2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 3576785)
I've often joked with my buddies about becoming the establishment I used to hate as I age...
natural process I imagine

anyway I pulled the silent thunder box off my 353 not because it was too quiet but because I slipped my boat, went to the beach often, am an obsessive boat keeper, and the box bottom sitting right at waterline made the transom impossible to clean
Big Corsa's went right on tho and the tone is just right with 425's
now my biggest annoyances are in no particular order:
pickups with straight pipes
Harleys with "the loudest pipes ya got"
and compacts with fart-cans

has anybody ever clued these people in on the fact that you make more power with a well tuned and muffled exhaust?just goes to prove these idiots are all about attention, not performance...
funny how when I was younger you couldn't get thru town with even marginally loud or un-muffled exhaust on a car or bike, now there seems to be no limit on pointless obnoxiouness

might want to read that Enquirer again BIG Daddy :lolhit: sure don't see many MUFFLERS at the dragstrip :eek: i'll have to see if that's sumtin new for 2012

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!:coolcowboy:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink:
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigbird:

Rippem 12-22-2011 04:28 PM

My implication was clearly in regards to the street and noise disturbance where we live "BIG DADDY"
ie: the subject of this thread.

don't try to start a fight and make yourself again out to be BMOC where there isn't the need...

and BTW alot of "fast street" cars make passes thru the mufflers
because they understand the concept above
Do you?

FIXX 12-22-2011 04:57 PM

fixx

back the boat in with the exhaust facing the seawall and tghe condos and tell him NOW THIS~ IS PHUCKING LOUD:coolcowboy::eek::drink:

PhantomChaos 12-22-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rippem (Post 3577180)
My implication was clearly in regards to the street and noise disturbance where we live "BIG DADDY"

don't try to start a fight and make yourself again out to be BMOC where there isn't the need...

Do you?

BMOC? Is that a Big Mouth Obnoxious Chit? :D

Merry Christmas! :drink::drink::drink:

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-22-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 3577224)
BMOC? Is a Big Mouth Obnoxious Chit? :D

Merry Christmas! :drink::drink::drink:

correct Nort and that fits you to a Tee :grinser010::lolhit:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coolcowboy:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink:
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:b igbird:

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-22-2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixxall (Post 3577204)
back the boat in with the exhaust facing the seawall and tghe condos and tell him NOW THIS~ IS PHUCKING LOUD:coolcowboy::eek::drink:

that should work pretty good :drink:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coolcowboy:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink:
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:b igbird:

articfriends 12-22-2011 05:57 PM

Do you?

There are also race tracks now both circle and drag that require some kind of muffling devices so you are correct. What I see that gets me pizzed is the arrogant azzhats with boats, snowmobiles and Harleys that just have to have it as loud as possible and then they wear HEARING PROTECTION!!!! No friggin waaay, you want your **** stupid loud then YOU should at least have to endure the noise you are creating, Smitty

Interceptor 12-22-2011 06:52 PM

Do you?

Excellent post.

Raylar 12-22-2011 06:57 PM

My suggestion is to use constraint, consideration and finesse when dealing with complaints from those who might bring negative outcomes to your boating situation. As others said here, learn and know the local noise laws and times and stay within those limits so you can protect your interests.
Beyond that, the GGB mufflers and those from Aqua Power LTD in Florida seem to greatly reduce decibils without reducing power much. Try them, you might actually like the effect more than you might initially think.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

GB 12-22-2011 07:04 PM

By the end of a long day on the water, I'm usually tired of listening to my own noise...let alone, hearing someone else's tub. :D