Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Noise and Neighbors (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267459-noise-neighbors.html)

Underdog88 12-22-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by RT930turbo (Post 3576676)
Better have those yanked off before you come back to Buckeye Ocean :drink:

Plan to have the air cylinders installed then. I am anxious to hear them open thru the muffs, it should still bit quieter. But it sounds great now and noticed no speed loss with them. Nice to be able to talk in the no wake zones and hear the tunes.

I'd like to have the db checked as it still has a bark to it. Maybe I'm getting old after 20yrs at the drag strip or just my hearing is old...

I still don't wear a seat belt cuz they say I HAVE to... pizzes me off... I hate that. But the mufflers run as fast and sound good to me. I only bought them to fly under the radar while in FL for the winter but try the Kool-Aid, you might like it too:)

adk61 12-22-2011 08:25 PM

:mad: dudes I used to back up faster from a burnout than the cars that you imbisiles are griping about!!! noise at a drag strip!! imagine that who'da thunk it???? WTF is this world coming to? next thing ur gonna tell me is top fuel is banned for fear of causing earthquakes!!! :angry-smiley-038:

RT930turbo 12-22-2011 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Underdog88 (Post 3577325)
Plan to have the air cylinders installed then. I am anxious to hear them open thru the muffs, it should still bit quieter. But it sounds great now and noticed no speed loss with them. Nice to be able to talk in the no wake zones and hear the tunes.

I'd like to have the db checked as it still has a bark to it. Maybe I'm getting old after 20yrs at the drag strip or just my hearing is old...

I still don't wear a seat belt cuz they say I HAVE to... pizzes me off... I hate that. But the mufflers run as fast and sound good to me. I only bought them to fly under the radar while in FL for the winter but try the Kool-Aid, you might like it too:)

Just givin ya a hard time , Mark :grinser010: I go back and fourth on the silent thunder box on the formula, it's currently in the barn, but I have toyed with putting it back on. It's still very tolerable with open exhaust since it sits so low in the a$$.

The cig was a different story...

Scottie Too Hottie still hates me over that boat :evilb:

For those who don't know, Scottie is a thong wearing, 'toon driving, flamer that always seems to be hanging around the docks at the bar... :rolleyes:

One day when I backed the cig in with dry 6" CMIs he went on and on about how no one likes to listen to that crap... I snapped back that no one likes to look at his ugly azz hangin out in a thong :eek:

Later that night after quite a few beers he was standing right behind the boat on the dock, and I cranked her up. Scared the chit out of him and soaked him from the waist down. :drink:

I guess it comes down to the mutual respect thing. I never would have said a word to him if he hadn't barked at me about the noise.

Live and let live i suppose...

RT930turbo 12-22-2011 09:41 PM

I'll also add that I am the "Noise Guy" for a large fractional jet operator in Columbus, OH. Ironic that someone with such a love for noise has to deal with all the complaints from morons around the country that decided to move within 200' of a runway end...

Needless to say, I'm not very empathetic ;)

adk61 12-23-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by rocknrye35 (Post 3575642)
Go green get a sailboat

GO TO HELL" & "PHUK YOURSELF!!" :lolhit: haha sailboat....

thirdchildhood 12-23-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by RT930turbo (Post 3577434)
I'll also add that I am the "Noise Guy" for a large fractional jet operator in Columbus, OH. Ironic that someone with such a love for noise has to deal with all the complaints from morons around the country that decided to move within 200' of a runway end...

Needless to say, I'm not very empathetic ;)

You're gonna have to put mufflers on those big ol' jet airliners bubba. I bought Gibson clamp-ons for my Donzi and I absolutely HATE them. The unmuffled 525 just sounds so sweet and I have so much money into it and all and I want to hear it in all it's glory :). I'll save the Gibbies for if I ever visit water with strict sound level enforcement. Until then they will continue to gather dust in the garage.

Oh, and regarding whoever started this thread and you guys telling him to get the noise level checked to make sure it's in compliance, uh........it's pretty safe to assume it's not.... :lolhit:

pullmytrigger 12-23-2011 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Underdog88 (Post 3577325)
I still don't wear a seat belt cuz they say I HAVE to... pizzes me off...

OT I know but yrs ago there was a case around here where the driver of a car was not wearing his seat belt (illegally) and the car rolled.....the driver started flying around the inside of the car when it was rolling and landed on the front seat passenger (who had his belt on as well as everyone else in the car) giving him permanent injuries to his neck and shoulder....passenger sued his dumb azz off and won.....hopefully you dont land on your wife or kid....just sayin'

Indy 12-23-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger (Post 3577910)
OT I know but yrs ago there was a case around here where the driver of a car was not wearing his seat belt (illegally) and the car rolled.....the driver started flying around the inside of the car when it was rolling and landed on the front seat passenger (who had his belt on as well as everyone else in the car) giving him permanent injuries to his neck and shoulder....passenger sued his dumb azz off and won.....hopefully you dont land on your wife or kid....just sayin'

How about the dude who was riding a motorcycle in NY without a helmet with many others who were also riding without theirs in protest of the helmet law and crashed and killed himself from a head injury earlier this year.

FIXX 12-23-2011 08:20 PM

fixx

I say we have a early spring poker run and all meet up at xtreme air's dock..:coolcowboy::lolhit: