Notices

Noise and Neighbors

Old 12-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

You antagonize them you better be prepared to pay the price.

The Condo commandos will get after the people you are renting from if they are in the same buildings as yours and they will find something to make your life suk ,trust me.

I love the sound of a badass openheader engine as much as all of you but you have to all be sensible and realize there is many who do not,and it is not because of jealousy ,they simply like their world quiet.And to say phuckem they chose to live by the water so they have to eat it is unfair , they probably have lived there for 20 years in peace till someone with a over the top loud boat shows up.

I know i will catch a rash of chit for my comments but we are not talking 330s with log manifolds and 3 inch thru-hulls these days.The majority are running engines and exhaust that would have paled most race boats just 10 years ago.

I have been in a condo on a canal with a loud boat firing up and the echo of the noise is deafening in the right units.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

I live in Traverse City, Mi. We are fortunate to have the Blue Angels perform every second year on the 4th of July weekend. They do one practice and two formal shows which last about 45 minutes each.
Each year people write letters to the editor of our local newspaper complaining about the noise !
ed
Old 12-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could you pull in and out on just one engine to show them that you are somewhat trying?
Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza

The Condo commandos will get after the people you are renting from if they are in the same buildings as yours and they will find something to make your life suk ,trust me.

I love the sound of a badass openheader engine as much as all of you but you have to all be sensible and realize there is many who do not,and it is not because of jealousy ,they simply like their world quiet.And to say phuckem they chose to live by the water so they have to eat it is unfair , they probably have lived there for 20 years in peace till someone with a over the top loud boat shows up.

I know i will catch a rash of chit for my comments but we are not talking 330s with log manifolds and 3 inch thru-hulls these days.The majority are running engines and exhaust that would have paled most race boats just 10 years ago.

I have been in a condo on a canal with a loud boat firing up and the echo of the noise is deafening in the right units.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree you only make it worse. Local laws probably say 90db or something between sunrise to sunset and maybe quieter at night. Get the Db level as your law states and test your boat. If your within specs next time you get complaint show them the law show them the results from your boat. If they say anything afterwards tell them to pound sand and walk away
Old 12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

One reason I have classic boats. Everything is grandfathered in. But it's no big deal anyway for us. When you start a big motor at our boat ramp the men of the neighborhood come running like kids chasing an ice cream truck.
I love my redneck neighborhood.lol
Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
One reason I have classic boats. Everything is grandfathered in. But it's no big deal anyway for us. When you start a big motor at our boat ramp the men of the neighborhood come running like kids chasing an ice cream truck.
I love my redneck neighborhood.lol
+1. Had a guy come flying into the boat ramp parking lot one day, he was in his mid to late 70's. Blasted into the parking lot tires squealing in his early 90's blazer with his wife in the front seat. I had just put the cig on the trailer (dry big tube CMI's) and he rolls up with the window down. I thought I was going to get a tongue lashing, but he told me he heard me head out that morning and went out on the porch and watched (and listened) to me all day. Turned into a good conversation about "the good old days".
Old 12-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
I live in Traverse City, Mi. We are fortunate to have the Blue Angels perform every second year on the 4th of July weekend. They do one practice and two formal shows which last about 45 minutes each.
Each year people write letters to the editor of our local newspaper complaining about the noise !
ed
love go'n down in the boat & watch'n the show!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza

Just my 2 cents.
I agree with what you have said. Perf. boaters had better get used to all the new and old noise laws and adapt to them. I had a 38 Cigarette with 1100hp PSI supercharged motors with thru-hull ex. and was constantly ticketed for loud ex. I finally decided to do something and it worked. It may not be for everybody but it stopped the harassment as the ex. was not "switchable" and it brought the db level to within the Minnesota and Wisc. guidelines. I feel that perf. boaters were sitting on our buts when the laws were written and should have been more proactive as to how the ex. db were measured and what bd level was going to be the min. accepted. For a twin or tripple to maintain the same db level as a single is not fair, in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails Noise and Neighbors-55-chev-071.jpg   Noise and Neighbors-55-chev-068.jpg  
Old 12-20-2011, 04:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a neighbor that has a problem with my boat so he thought he would put his boat on the edge of his and my property to make it difficult for me to get the boat on the lift. Its a 29ft boat and i only own 40ft of bulkhead, and is one of these guys that thinks he owns the neighborhood, so now when i know i'm using the boat i get up early and use my leave blower to remove the morning dew. Then there is warm up time about 15-20 minutes while i'm filling the cooler. As for flushing any time before 10:00pm they are getting flushed even if i'm using it the next day.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go green get a sailboat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.