Notices

Noise and Neighbors

Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No sense in being annoying just to be annoying, I try to be considerate when appropriate, but at the same time I'm not gonna do a damn thing different just to please some pain in the ass. I don't care if he likes the sound of my motors, I don't like looking at his stupid looney tunes t-shirt, or his fat wife who left the house squeezed into a purple sweatsuit from Target. If I pull up to a restaurant and people give me the stupid clap routine, or dirty looks, I just politely tell them to F off and mind their own business.

I have to say, overall people seem to enjoy the boat more often times than not. I get way more thumbs up than middle fingers. Who doesn't like a big shiny boat that goes fast? Who doesn't like the sound of twin big blocks warming up? Morons, that's who. They should be thanking me for bringing a little music into their life. if I sent Elton John into their living room to sing his greatest hits, would they b*tch about that too?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why I put the Verados on the back of my boat. We come in late at night and we're literally stealth.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtreme Air
WE are down in Florida on the West Coast enjoying a little boating time in the Gulf.. We have recently bought a Condo and am renting Dock space from the Association President.. WE are the proud owners of a 1984 Cigarette Mistress.WE also have neighbors that complain about the noise every time we start the boat to go out. I do my best to be polite and come off the lift and shut the engines off until the lift is raised out of the water. WE try to be considerate but are still getting complaints from the same people or person. Is it time to look into mufflers or do I as a boater also have some rights? We never go out early or come back late.. Your suggestions are appreciated with this matter..
Come on over to the east coast...we're a bit more tolerant over here....except for Manatee Zones November through March...and No Wake Zones all the way through Broward County. If you want to stretch out any at all in Broward you have to go out side. I try to stay in Palm Beach County if it's real rough outside....at least we have a few places you can lay it down if no body is looking

Face it man...in the eyes of Joe Public...we roll with a bottle of Black Jack in one hand and a Dube in the other...we're all criminals unless we're at the helm of a layer cake cruiser!!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
This is why I put the Verados on the back of my boat. We come in late at night and we're literally stealth.
Same here. I go past peoples homes in the canals and they all comment about whether the engines are running.

The loudest noise is Nick dropping ice into his 12th cocktail.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 PM
JnT
Registered

My boats are eggbeaters and relatively quiet. I keep a houseboat on a dock with a lot of older folks that enjoy their peace and quiet. When friends that are "*******s with loud boats" come for visits we are as polite and respectful as we can be for our elders. A fast ride in a loud boat goes a long way to appease the haters and they actually appreciate why the boats are loud. Now the "seniors" get excited when the loud boats come to visit as long as we are respectful and they get bragging rights for going fast in one of them dam cigar boats.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I'm with Richanton all the way!Rattle the windows and China Cabinets.......

Jim
Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Same here. I go past peoples homes in the canals and they all comment about whether the engines are running.

The loudest noise is Nick dropping ice into his 12th cocktail.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Don't laugh. You arent any better. The beer fridge in your garage is larger than the one at Shooters.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by diverkr
Ever been to Virginia Beach? People constantly complain about the F18 jet noise. Guess what, it will be noisy when you buy a house next to a master jet base that has been around for more then 50 years! We constantly have to adjust and weaken our training to comply with noise abatement restrictions due to all the whining by local idiots. My apologies for the sound of freedom!
I live a few miles from Buckley AFB in Denver, The F-16s make a little noise when they are flying, I had a GF that asked me if the noise bothered me, I said no it was the sound of freedom. She couldn't comprehend that, she didn't like the exhaust on my 911 either. Had to send her down the road.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RMPRam
The guys that insist on having 125 decibel boats are the cause of noise laws that others have to struggle even with mufflers with passing sound test and it screws all of us, Smitty
I completely agree with this.[/QUOTE]

+ 1...it's good for their manhood

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.