Notices

Noise and Neighbors

Old 12-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried finding out who? And chatting them up? Although I like the ideas of being a dik and showing them up its better to try making a buddy. Maybe once they find out your not a douche the will take it easy. If not make sure you are in compliance with the law and let er rip.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

Put muffs on the Gun 2 yrs ago on LOTO.
Blew Both drives that weekend.
Muffs have been sittinging shop since.
NO more drive issues.

Im just sayin!!
Old 12-22-2011, 05:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Put muffs on the Gun 2 yrs ago on LOTO.
Blew Both drives that weekend.
Muffs have been sittinging shop since.
NO more drive issues.

Im just sayin!!
Hmmm, interesting angle.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Come on over to the east coast...we're a bit more tolerant over here....except for Manatee Zones November through March...and No Wake Zones all the way through Broward County. If you want to stretch out any at all in Broward you have to go out side. I try to stay in Palm Beach County if it's real rough outside....at least we have a few places you can lay it down if no body is looking

Face it man...in the eyes of Joe Public...we roll with a bottle of Black Jack in one hand and a Dube in the other...we're all criminals unless we're at the helm of a layer cake cruiser!!
Dont know if i completely agree with this side being better, while i have not been stopped for noise, my marina closes at 6:00 every day of the year because the condo assoc. on the canal got a local law passed that they cant even run the forklifts after 6:00!! Sucks on those long summer days when you want to run to the marina for a twilight cruise and you cant get your boat out!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastScott
Dont know if i completely agree with this side being better, while i have not been stopped for noise, my marina closes at 6:00 every day of the year because the condo assoc. on the canal got a local law passed that they cant even run the forklifts after 6:00!! Sucks on those long summer days when you want to run to the marina for a twilight cruise and you cant get your boat out!
My aunt lives lauderdale and have spent many spring breaks in the lauderdale/Miami area and the keys. It seems everytime I was out fishing with gramps or just being out by the water the Florida Water cops were out in force and had people constantly pulled over.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Have you tried finding out who? And chatting them up? Although I like the ideas of being a dik and showing them up its better to try making a buddy. Maybe once they find out your not a douche the will take it easy. If not make sure you are in compliance with the law and let er rip.
Talked to one of the complainers that I know of and thought the issue was settled until he tried to call the cops for my disturbing the peace. They told him nothing they could do because the noise ordinance was from 11pm-7am.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I've often joked with my buddies about becoming the establishment I used to hate as I age...
natural process I imagine

anyway I pulled the silent thunder box off my 353 not because it was too quiet but because I slipped my boat, went to the beach often, am an obsessive boat keeper, and the box bottom sitting right at waterline made the transom impossible to clean
Big Corsa's went right on tho and the tone is just right with 425's
now my biggest annoyances are in no particular order:
pickups with straight pipes
Harleys with "the loudest pipes ya got"
and compacts with fart-cans

has anybody ever clued these people in on the fact that you make more power with a well tuned and muffled exhaust?
just goes to prove these idiots are all about attention, not performance...
funny how when I was younger you couldn't get thru town with even marginally loud or un-muffled exhaust on a car or bike, now there seems to be no limit on pointless obnoxiouness
Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=jimmystartup;3576530]As a kid growing up on the north shore of Lake Simcoe in Ontario I remember with great fondness the sound of open piped boats ripping down the bay. My brother and I would go running down to the dock anytime something unusual showed up. My parents would roll their eyes and occasionally complain that the noise was unnecessary. We'd explain very carefully to them how impressive some of that machinery was and how much work went into building those pieces of art. The didn't buy it.

One day without telling them we loaded our boat on a trailer and returned with it a week later - motor raised, nose cone and low water pickup added and two big holes drilled in the shaft to relieve the exhaust. They were not happy...

One summer evening a bright yellow Apache with bright red stand-up bolsters came blasting by, it was unbelievably loud. I loved it and spent the weekend chasing it down just to hear it start up. That was around 88/89, never did find out who owned that boat.

Back then 100MPH was a huge deal. Now when I go and visit I can sit and watch literally dozens of triple digit capable boats go by each day. The rigs running up Kempenfelt seem to stick mostly to the middle of the bay so the noise levels aren't all that loud. 20 years on and my brother and I still jump up from the dinner table to catch a glimpse of what is running by. That'll never get old.[/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

2 years ago running up the shoreline on Simcoe we got calls at home for being too loud and fast on the lake.

When I explained that my 88 year old mother was steering they laughed and backed off.

When it comes down to it I find the most nauseating noise coming off the lake is the Seadoos that go back and forth all day.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rippem
I've often joked with my buddies about becoming the establishment I used to hate as I age...
natural process I imagine

anyway I pulled the silent thunder box off my 353 not because it was too quiet but because I slipped my boat, went to the beach often, am an obsessive boat keeper, and the box bottom sitting right at waterline made the transom impossible to clean
Big Corsa's went right on tho and the tone is just right with 425's
now my biggest annoyances are in no particular order:
pickups with straight pipes
Harleys with "the loudest pipes ya got"
and compacts with fart-cans

has anybody ever clued these people in on the fact that you make more power with a well tuned and muffled exhaust?just goes to prove these idiots are all about attention, not performance...
funny how when I was younger you couldn't get thru town with even marginally loud or un-muffled exhaust on a car or bike, now there seems to be no limit on pointless obnoxiouness
might want to read that Enquirer again BIG Daddy sure don't see many MUFFLERS at the dragstrip i'll have to see if that's sumtin new for 2012

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

My implication was clearly in regards to the street and noise disturbance where we live "BIG DADDY"
ie: the subject of this thread.

don't try to start a fight and make yourself again out to be BMOC where there isn't the need...

and BTW alot of "fast street" cars make passes thru the mufflers
because they understand the concept above
Do you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.