Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended >

Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended

Notices

Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended

Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CNC
I went to their site to order a subscription, asked do I want lake or offshore? do they have 2 versions? which is better?

Randy
They do have 2 versions. But they state on their website that 40% of the info is duplicated in both editions. That percentage maybe wrong. I just subscribe to the Off shore edition. THe lake edition has more jet boats....
Old 12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I ever actually receive Boating Mag in place of Powerboat, I will be marking it "Return to Sender". Maybe if all of us just send it back to them they will understand we don't want boating mag. I am not saying it will change anything (because I am certain it won't) but it would be a nice "up yours" to them....
Old 12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
How the heck can they publish long enough to sell a bunch of subscriptions and then cease publication? I was supposed to be the recipient of a gift subscription.

Bonnier publications that you may wish to boycott:

American Photo
Babytalk
BoatingLife 360
Boating
Caribbean Travel + Life
Conceive
Cruising World
Cycle World
Destination Weddings
& Honeymoons
Diversity Best Practices
Field & Stream
Florida Travel + Life
Fly Fishing in Salt Waters
Flying
Garden Design
Islands
Kiteboarding
Marlin
Motor Boating
Outdoor Life
Parenting
Popular Photography
Popular Science
Powerboat
Sailing World
Salt Water Sportsman
Saveur
Science Illustrated
Scuba Diving
SHOT Business
SKI
Skiing
Skiing Business
SNOW
Sound + Vision
Spa
Sport Diver
Sport Fishing
TransWorld Business
TransWorld Motocross
TransWorld Ride BMX
TransWorld SKATEboarding
TransWorld SNOWboarding
TransWorld SURF
TransWorld WAKEBOARDING
Warren Miller Entertainment
WaterSki
Weldon Owen
WindSurfing
Working Mother
World Entertainment Services
World Sports & Marketing
Yachting
I don't know about you guys but I'm going to switch my remaining 2 years to motor boating...

wait, that probably doesn't mean what I think it does...
Old 12-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered

Cool Powerboat Mag

This is DejaVue all over again. Hot Boat screwed me and to many names on Performance Boat looked familiar. Then Trailer Boat went away and they send me Yachting for my two years and that really sucks bigtime.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CNC
I went to their site to order a subscription, asked do I want lake or offshore? do they have 2 versions? which is better?

Randy
I take both versions. They have about 30% exclusive content. To take both costs about $15 more.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Being somewhat attached to powerboat, on behalf of those that cared and tried to make this mag work, I would like to extend my apologies to those that attempted to support the magazine. After being discontinued twice in one year this is definately the final death blow for what was once the greatest power boating magazine on the market. Although the name could be purchased, there's no way it would ever recover from the damage two publishers have done in betraying the trust of readers and advertisers. This whole industry is struggling horribly to survive and I would implore all of you to support the last two great magazines that cover our sport (performance boats and sport boat).

I can assure all of you the staff at PBM (like usual) were the last to know about the magazine's cancelation that came out of no-where and were absolutely shocked. We'd worked hard on producing a great product and had assembled a wonderful team to do so. The magazine was meeting it's budget and was gaining much momentum that was lost by the first round cancelation...it's baffling and sad is all I can say.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Don't forget about the all new Sportboat

If you haven't seen it already, check out Sportboat Magazine! The writing staff include industry favorites: Matt Trulio, Bob Brown, Eric Colby and Brad Schoenwald more to announce with the next issue...and let's not forget the photographers, award winning Robert Brown, the very talented Tim Sharkey and Jay Nicols!

With 100,000 distributed you can find the new magazine on a newsstand near you or email me for more info. The winter issue has a beutiful 32' Skater on the cover and the articles inside rock!

It's a new startup with a bright future. We are currently 4X a year, as soon as we can guarantee 6 issues, we will begin to sell subscriptions, I anticipate that happening very soon with the amount of tremendous interest and support we have already received.

Happy Holidays from the NEW SPORTBOAT team. We look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions.

Last edited by watergirl; 12-22-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by watergirl
If you haven't seen it already, check out Sportboat Magazine! The writing staff include industry favorites: Matt Trulio, Bob Brown, Eric Colby and Brad Schoenwald more to announce with the next issue...and let's not forget the photographers, award winning Robert Brown, the very talented Tim Sharkey and Jim Nicols!

With 100,000 distributed you can find the new magazine on a newsstand near you or email me for more info. The winter issue has a beutiful 32' Skater on the cover and the articles inside rock!

It's a new startup with a bright future. We are currently 4X a year, as soon as we can guarantee 6 issues, we will begin to sell subscriptions, I anticipate that happening very soon with the amount of tremendous interest and support we have already received.

Happy Holidays from the NEW SPORTBOAT team. We look forward to hearing your feedback and suggestions.
saw this the other day at the groc store gonna pick one up and go from there
Old 12-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

Another vote for Sportboat. so far i really like the mag.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CNC
I was just coming to post that,,,,ME TO,,,,,WTF !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.