Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended

Notices

Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended

Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn
This has got to be the final nail. At this point, if they were to "resurrect" it yet again, who would actually trust them enough to subscribe or advertise?
Agreed, but a move like this suggests to me the 'resurrection' approach is not part of the game plan.

As others have suggested, buying out the competition appears to be the strategy. I would think there are some tax write-off possibilities in there as well. A win-win for Bonnier.

Sux for the employees, though... especially at this time of year.
Hope they received decent severance packages.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Extreme example

Dear Sir,

I recently special ordered a new Corvette from your company. I have now been told that you have ceased production of the Corvette and instead of returning my full payment your have decided for me, that a proper replacement would be a new Chevy Cruz, even though my auto interests are entirely focused on performance cars. Thank you for your concern, but if I decide I want a Chevy Cruz I will make that decision, NOT YOU Please return my entire payment immediately.

Am I missing something here ??
Old 12-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts
Lightbulb

This kind of reminds me of some parts I ordered from this place called "Trick Marine" I think the guy I was dealing with was named Fred.........lol.

I called Bullsh*t then too.....
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Extreme example

Dear Sir,

I recently special ordered a new Corvette from your company. I have now been told that you have ceased production of the Corvette and instead of returning my full payment your have decided for me, that a proper replacement would be a new Chevy Cruz, even though my auto interests are entirely focused on performance cars. Thank you for your concern, but if I decide I want a Chevy Cruz I will make that decision, NOT YOU Please return my entire payment immediately.

Am I missing something here ??
No. I become suspicious when all the contact to me about Powerboat Magazine from the new owner referred to it as "Powerboating"...
Old 12-22-2011, 10:15 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
Just gonna throw this out there and maybe this was asked the last time this happened but there are a lot of wealthy people on this forum(I am not one of them ). There is nobody on here that is interested in funding this magazine? With regards to the whole by one subscription, get one free is BS. Those of us that buy the magazine I am sure have no problem paying for two subscriptions at full price, hell we could buy 20 subscriptions with what we spend in gas for one weekend! Such a shame that someone can't just buy this magazine and fix this problem once and for all!
I own a printing company (one large enough to produce a magazine of this calliber) but I can tell you the costs to DISTRIBUTE something like Powerboat are staggering.....even aside from the cost of writing and printing it.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I feel terrible, in last weeks thread a number of us were trying our best to support the new start up. Makes us look foolish as well.

The worst part is there is people in the Performance boat industry trying like hell to make a go of it, get some excitement back into the sport and truly in need of everyones support to make it work. This hurts those that are not trying to take advantage. Maybe, we should look at the "little" guy, and let the big corporate types flounder. Seems like in the last year, they are the ones pulling most of the strings and certainly dont care about who what is around them. I realize it is "just business" but really is it? The "little" guys have passion, drive and the will to make it succeed...

I personally have a vested interest in seeing everything good getting going again in the Performance Boat world, our Museum project is an uphill battle and everytime someone takes advantage of someone in this realm, we have to work even harder to over come it. Guess we will just have to keep climbing that hill after this one...

Last edited by bajaholic; 12-22-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatman22
This one is still around and still sending copies out and a 2012 calendar. Support the ones that are still shipping.

http://www.performanceboats.com/

I hear ya BIG Daddy so whats the difference between the Lake & the Offshore editions ???

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F U PB Mag! All they have done since printing ome issue is fill my email with "buy one subscription, get one free" offers. I have receved 4 buy regular mail. I have yet to receyive the one year subscription I paid for (before the first shut down). I realize times are tough, but this is exactly how it went down the first time... Tons of renewal offers, then shut it down. Feels a bit crooked to me.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Hope they received decent severance packages.
A yrs subscription?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatman22
This one is still around and still sending copies out and a 2012 calendar. Support the ones that are still shipping.

http://www.performanceboats.com/

I went to their site to order a subscription, asked do I want lake or offshore? do they have 2 versions? which is better?

Randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.