Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Give me more options of brand/models of boats?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267542-give-me-more-options-brand-models-boats.html)

dreamer 12-22-2011 08:44 AM

Barley used baja 402 with 496 go way under 100k

Nauti Kitty 12-22-2011 09:17 AM

Why not buy what you want and have an anchor locker installed? My Top Gun had an anchor locker. Its not a big deal to put one in

NK

Sydwayz 12-22-2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty (Post 3576872)
Why not buy what you want and have an anchor locker installed? My Top Gun had an anchor locker. Its not a big deal to put one in

NK

Good point, but cabin layout would be the concern. Obviously not an issue with a half/CG cabin.

mittens 12-22-2011 09:31 AM

Never thoguht about that... wonder who and how much that would cost? if so I woul dbe all over a Formula 382.

On Time 12-22-2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor (Post 3576393)
Fountain 38 and 42 Lightning

Chit!!! Here we go:lolhit::lolhit:

42 Fountain without a doubt

offshorexcursion 12-22-2011 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3576557)
Goldammit I hate winter, but I love it at the same time!!:angry-smiley-038:

Please tell me you could tell I was being funny!?

low_psi 12-22-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3576389)
What is it about an anchor locker?

Have you tried using the Box Anchor, and keeping it under the backseat?
It's 1000 times easier to work with, and 10,000 times safer in rough water.

Almost as safe as a DRW truck. :D

My anchor locker is my engine room. Box anchor folded up flat. I send a person up front WITHOUT the anchor. Drop the anchor from the cockpit and hand the rope to the person up on the bow. I wouldn't let something as small as an anchor locker reduce your options....

mittens 12-22-2011 11:32 AM

I boat by my self too its not always a big outing, So dropping an anchor off the side is NOT what i want to do...

Thanks for the thoughts but this is not an discusion of what i want in a boat. its a, "have I missed a brand or model that might fit my needs"

just looked at a fountain 42... wonder how heavy that boat is.

BONDO10 12-22-2011 12:06 PM

I have a Formula 382. No locker is not a problem at all. We anchor almost every weekend in Cape Cod/Buzzards bay wind. Often it is just my wife and me,so NO help! I have a few feet of rubber coated chain then the rope,drop it over the side,walk up the bow with the rope,and tie it off to the front bow cleat. I also keep a rubber shower mat with suction cups on the bottom to lay on the bow and rest the anchor on if need be. I went from a 312 Fastech with a useless locker to thie 382 without one. You won't miss it,trust me.

On Time 12-22-2011 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by mittens (Post 3576969)
I boat by my self too its not always a big outing, So dropping an anchor off the side is NOT what i want to do...

Thanks for the thoughts but this is not an discusion of what i want in a boat. its a, "have I missed a brand or model that might fit my needs"

just looked at a fountain 42... wonder how heavy that boat is.

They weigh 10,700 lbs.

The anchor locker on a 42 Fountain is HUGE - it extends up into the beak (which is probably what Reggie had in mind all along with his much maligned beak...yeah right!). But be that as it may I keep an extra 8" dia. fender on a rope up in there, about 100' anchor line, and wipeoff rags for when my precious beak gets dirty pulling in the anchor. I drape the rags on the stored anchor when not in use to dry out.