Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don't be this guy! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/267630-dont-guy.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-24-2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by TCBoss302 (Post 3578339)
Girlfriend said he left alone and he skips out on the tab, sounds like he left abruptly, so maybe she isn't the girlfriend any longer and was throwing him under the bus.

very good point , or she was responsible for the tab :eek:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coolcowboy:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink:
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bi gbird:

akaboatman 12-24-2011 09:39 AM

Sounds like He was swimmimg awhile. Just getting out of the water when the police got there an they all ready went to the boat. He said He had 6 beers an a shot. 2 watching the sun set, 2 on the way to Shanes Cabana bar an 2 beers an a shot there. Trouble for sure. I wonder how the boat an dock look. Glad no one was hurt.

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-24-2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by huskyrider (Post 3578044)
I'm curious, why do you believe her story would hurt the prosecutors case?
He already admitted to a professional witness (policeman) he had 4 beers and a shot of alcohol prior to piloting his boat home.
Self incrimination by speaking to a peace officer is the best testimony for a conviction in a courtroom.

I don't condone operating a motorboat under the influnce either. But, if your ever being suspected of operating under the influence don't spill your guts to the cops. Make them prove their case with a breathalyzer reading showing the the alcohol level it determined.

Just my .02 about what to do if your ever in the same situation as him.

See ya,
Kelly

our Lawyer says never Blow the breathalyzer

jmoore1225 12-24-2011 10:15 AM

Always heard never, ever under any circumstances blow if there's doubt?

Smarty 12-24-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1 (Post 3578372)
our Lawyer says never Blow the breathalyzer

Hope he does not practice in New Jersey, that is bad advice. New Jersey dropped the breathalyzer, we now use the Alcotest unit. The Alcotest can be conquereed in some cases. Each case is fact dependent, so your lawyer's advice may be for a certain set of conditions and circumstances. If you think you are borderline then take the test.

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-24-2011 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3578397)
Hope he does not practice in New Jersey, that is bad advice. New Jersey dropped the breathalyzer, we now use the Alcotest unit. The Alcotest can be conquereed in some cases. Each case is fact dependent, so your lawyer's advice may be for a certain set of conditions and circumstances. If you think you are borderline then take the test.

Ill BIG Daddy :drink::drink::drink:

pm203 12-24-2011 10:53 AM

In Mass, if you refuse the breathalyzer, automatic 6 month suspension of license.

RunninHotRacing163.1 12-24-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3578415)
In Mass, if you refuse the breathalyzer, automatic 6 month suspension of license.

and @j should of got the death penalty for murder :angry-smiley-038:
local boater 3 duis in 2 mos still driving and a Sch@@l teacher :eek: h#ll of an example ha now thats Bad

huskyrider 12-24-2011 11:21 AM

Texas also has automatic suspension of driving privilages for a breath test refusal. But for holiday weekends we have mandatory tests with no refusal allowed.
I hope that no one thought I meant lying to the cops.
Trust me on this. There is NOTHING WORSE than sitting pulled over on the side of the road telling the Trooper "I'll take the fifth" when asked "have you had anything to drink this evening" It provokes friction at the scene. After your field sobriety test they're going to do what they feel they need to do regardless of what info you gave them.

See ya,
Kelly

bonesmalon 12-24-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by BBADWS6 (Post 3577872)
Hopefully none of us are foolish enough to get loaded and then go boating.

Worse yet...let's hope we never have to leave a bar alone!