Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Poker Run Question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26780-poker-run-question.html)

Maximus 06-17-2002 07:58 PM

fast

Ohh that Cig looks fast!!!!

Great picture

Maximus

BADA BING 06-17-2002 08:17 PM

Ken I agree the way it was organized left much to be desired, especially the parking...what a cluster f..k, I don't think they made any arrangements with the City or the launch area:confused:
When we loaded the boat back on the trailer and started the cleanup I noticed that somebody had hit my trailer fender on the right side...bad enough where I had to pry the fender from the tire:mad: when I went to the motorhome from DSM at the ramp and asked that they mention it at the dinner to see if anyone had the courtesy to fess up they said...oh we will anounce that for sure tonight...sorry that happend and they sent one of their guys to come and pry the thing away so I could drive with it:(

Well I did'nt here any mention of it what so ever:mad: :mad:

Figures:mad:

SCOPE Poker Run...still the best ever:D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-18-2002 12:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
kwb , NY 2001, was my 1st Poker Run. I registered way early in advance so they knew I was coming. I too was hoping to grab some attention last year but I don't think many realized I was entered in the event. Until showing up at the end, some saw the decals on the boat, and those few were quite amazed.

I must say it was more self satisfying for me, to run over 75 miles in the Hudson River with another 150+ Hi-Performance Boats and was simply happy to be able to finish.

The award ceremony that evening, there was no mention of the "Smallest Boat" that had ever been entered into the event, had indeed came and finished the event.

They did include some footage and made a mention on their video. That had somewhat made up for the recognition that was missing that day.

This year, with the help of OFFSHOREONLY , my boat became more visible.

With it being only 12' 9" in length and powered by a 100hp outboard, I went and pulled out all the stops this time around.
I made sure all knew that it was there and ready for the challenge.

I was fortunate enough to have a member from this board offer to run along side me for the entire event in case of a mishap. Thanks again Chris!

So the strategy this year was, not to hang in the back. I got right up on the frontline with the "Over 100mph" boats when the flag dropped, and ran full out. I kept out of everyone's way, but this time, they knew I was there.

I gave them all a show for the day, as well as stopped at the "Planned Ahead OSO Raftups".

It was a great day for me. This time, I was awarded with a trophy, "Spirit of The NPBA" in which I probably owe to all the other participants, because of all the talk back on the docks after I had completed this event for a second year in a row.

I agree with LEOPJM about them not pushing the speed factor. NY is the only one I know of that offers the fastest boat awards.

For you, like the others have said, all knew who made it back first.;)

rick32 06-18-2002 02:10 AM

** Sharkey... I think you be my long lost brother on the east coast...... Thy Sunsation flys about that altitude quite often...Its quite a sight !

** KWB... Screw those guys ....!

Laughs,
Rick32
:cool:

IDRPSTF 06-18-2002 06:59 PM

KWB- I hear there is a Deck Boat in Havasu that met up with you te night Before the Havasu Poker Run that would have run in the DSM race if they were giving a first plae trophy! :D

kwb 06-18-2002 07:24 PM

IDRPSTF - I don't recall meeting any particular deck boat in Havasu? Hopefully it was a hover craft. lol

BTW - The Cigarette Revolution was made in 1998 and earlier years, not in 1999. Also Cigarette's made in 1999 and later years are considerably lighter due to a revised construction lay-up.

thisistank 06-18-2002 07:54 PM

Jacuzzi any one!?:D :D :D :D

Kenny, you guys were out of control the night before! Who did you have on the boat with you for the run?

You and Ricky coming up for boogie nights this Thurs??? We're getting a limo brother. Rent another one and get up here!!;)

Pick up doug and Gary on the way up!
Tank

IDRPSTF 06-18-2002 08:08 PM

KWB- I got the Deck Boat thing from a friend in Havau that out ran a 42 Tiger with american flag graphics the night before the Poker run out there. It must have been another boat. His deck boat runs over 100MPH (Id love to see it try to run last sat. in the DSM run.)
As for the 98-99 info I grabbed that out of the NADA and they evensow a weight defference between 98-99. Mabe it was a mid year boat? It shows a weight increase of 200Lbs in 1999 to 11,200LBS.

PhantomChaos 06-18-2002 08:45 PM

Originally posted by thisistank
Jacuzzi any one!?:D :D :D :D

Kenny, you guys were out of control the night before! Who did you have on the boat with you for the run?

You and Ricky coming up for boogie nights this Thurs??? We're getting a limo brother. Rent another one and get up here!!;)

Pick up doug and Gary on the way up!
Tank

Tank, Kelly, Ricko, Kenny, Doug, Gary............I'm going out of town on Thursday morning......need a place to trash up here on Thursday night....let me know. (oh.......I meant crash)

Curt 06-18-2002 09:01 PM

KWB, you said it...it is not a race. I'm not sure why so many people treat them like races. I personally don't want to risk breaking my equipment or pissing off my passengers...who will have to put their cocktails down at speeds over 45mph:D , for a poker run. I have more fun just cruising along with just an occasional blast over 80 just to get the pulse up! I must be unusual because most people practice WFO methodology during these things; until something breaks that is.:rolleyes: