Notices

Poker Run Question

Old 06-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

IDRSPSTF,

I (along with 5-6 others) was in the Tiger the night before the Havasu poker run. There was no other Tigers in havasu for the run, especially with american flag graphics. We were out blasting around right at dusk. There was a couple of other boats running on the lake that we could see, one or two pretty close to us. I don't recall anyone, let alone a deck boat pass us. And one other thing, we were only running maaaaaaybe 80-85. The boat wasn't even 3/4's the way throttled with a full tank of gas and 6 people in the boat That's just what I remember....Kenny, wasn't that about right??
Old 06-18-2002, 10:40 PM
kwb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya - that's about it. G was on the boat when we did that run by moon light only - very cool.

I think if I got passed by a pontoon boat I would have jumped overboard!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:48 PM
Registered

Hey KWB. Cool looking boat. I went to Smoke On The Water last weekend, and I thought I had a cool bot till I got there. I have a 42 Sonic with trip 500's that goes 75 mph on gps. I was almost the last boat at every stop. Don't get too cocky, there's always someone faster, and sometimes there's a whole lot of people faster!
Old 06-18-2002, 11:25 PM
OutlawBayB

Default Re: Poker Run Question

Originally posted by kwb

At the awards ceremony there was no mention or award for my efforts and accomplishment. Is this normal for a Poker Run? I realize it “Is Not a Race” – but come on. They gave several awards (best dressed crew, best looking boat, biggest blooper, other BS awards…) but nothing for the first place finisher.

Is this normal for a Poker Run?
I hear ya on that one! This wknd on the Baja run they even gave an award for the last one to register-I was 2nd to last. I even had 2 Kings, 1 Queen, 1 Jack & 1 #4 - got beat by a pair of #4's-they said 2 pairs, but I never heard him say 2 pairs!!!!

Altho, I know the guy w/ 3 Aces beat me fair n square. I had the highest hand & got squat Maybe next time I'll get at least a BS award!

Old 06-19-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

Curt - You're not alone. I took it real easy on the TOPPS run a couple weeks ago. We passed several boats on the FIRST LEG that had broken down. (Is it really worth it to go out so hot that you end your day before it starts?!) Ran it for the camera and a few other times, but mostly just cruised and got home with nothing broken. Several of my friends said they had the same plan.

kwb - We didn't even have goof awards. Only the top three hands got prizes. (I was hoping for something for being the only female driver in the run.)

OutlawBayB - Sorry about your bad luck on the Baja run. So close!
Old 06-19-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

kwb,
Awsome boat, don't get your feelings hurt to bad.

What engines and what top speed?

Be Safe,
Mark
Old 06-19-2002, 11:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Kenny I will have to see what I can do to slow you down some with that thing Hey give me a call and lets start to work on your system design. (978) 985-0639

I know how you must feel about that. Even a mention or a thank you in front of your friends would make a HUGE difference. Remember it is all just a warm up to the Scope run
Old 06-19-2002, 12:13 PM
kwb
Registered

Thanks for the feedback.... I understand why they don't want to promote people driving fast in the open water (liability) - but being that it was "The Stars and Stripes Poker Run" and I have the Stars and Stripes boat, plus finishing first and being the grand marshall boat and such...... they weren't even in place at the last card stop - they said we got there to fast.

Anyways, still had a great time, Dick Simon did a good job considering that this was their first Poker Run and there will be some great video of the run! I'm done crying now

Mark - the boat has Merc 900SC / #6 dry sump drives, 5 blade 17.5x29 cleavers and will run right at 100mph on a good day.

Jon - I'll give you a call.

Ken
Old 06-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

There was no stinkin' poontang boat running anywhere near us on that moonlit night in Havasu ... that was an awesome run ... I did see 5k on the tach ... that's haulin' azz in the dark
Old 06-19-2002, 03:17 PM
rick32

Yeah the only poontang on kwbs boat was " Dirty Sanchez & the rest of the Darkside including Lord Foker " .... No Pontoon boats in sight .... I would have noticed...

Rick32

Quick Reply: Poker Run Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.