If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hey Curt!
    Glad to see ya on the board again! And for the wasn't us!

Hey Taco!! I cruise the board every once in a while when I have time. Unfortunately I just don't have much time. Seeya Friday night!!!!!

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Hey how about this. Do not trim your drives out of the water
    Put your best foot forward!

My Boats:
    Fast boats, Harleys
    Charleston, WV
    Don't trim the drives in before you turn. It's hard to break old habits. You tend to do it without thinking. Once you've spun out once or twice you won't forget anymore. Be sure and advise anyone who drives your boat.

OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
    ttt for the new season.......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

good idea sharkey!

just to clarify.

drive trimmed in = drive down ?
    drive trimmed out = drive up (for faster speed) ?

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    Originally posted by audacity do i! but..................i haven't bled on the boat this year!...o ****, yes i did at lake X...a few stiches here and there never hurt anyone!...we finished our test though!
    Good advice....... try not to do anything that makes you bleed.

My Boats:
    It's how well you go fast
    no bleeding at X this year...well,, just a tad from the huge ass lump on my head...damn cranes! i never escape the X without injury for some reason...should have seen the look on don's face when i walked in with sandals.

there has been a lot of HEATED talk on bottom designs that i don't want to bring here...we have all put in out .02,,,for whatever it's worth??....

the bottom line (pun intended)...get to know your boat and yourself...don't go out there and learn with passengers. if ya want to know more???...i'm sure there are some racers in your area that always love seat time and are more than happy to pass along knowledge. i know some race teams sell seat time in a race boat, as we do...the information is out just have to ask!

people seem to want a absolute for turning X boat where do i set tabs, drive and throttles in a turn...i think we create more problems trying to answer ...again, EVERY boat will have a different feel! so get to know your boat and set up...know WHAT and WHY it's doing things...this will allow you to change with it dynamically, as we know the environment it is in does!

Drive to the lift, haul out

Drive to the lift (carefully) haul out, take can of bondo, well you know the rest.

Great thread...Pardon the pun but it looks like I am "stepping" up to a boat with a stepped hull (288 Sunsation). After water testing it yesterday, I have one hell of a lot to learn. Top speed of mid to high 60's. Right now, I can't imagine more power in it until I learn to drive it. Damn I can't wait to dig this thread up next year!

...chime in...You have about 400 hours now on your 288, right? Pretty much every condition you can imagine from flat lake water to offshore. I know you can impart some good knowledge for the family performance boater. After all, this is who this thread is geared towards.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast