Tips for driving stepped bottom boats >

Tips for driving stepped bottom boats

Notices

Tips for driving stepped bottom boats

Old 06-18-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Curt!
Glad to see ya on the board again! And for the record...it wasn't us!

Cat
Old 06-18-2002, 09:05 PM
Curt

Hey Taco!! I cruise the board every once in a while when I have time. Unfortunately I just don't have much time. Seeya Friday night!!!!!

Old 06-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey how about this. Do not trim your drives out of the water
Old 06-19-2002, 01:57 PM
Registered

Don't trim the drives in before you turn. It's hard to break old habits. You tend to do it without thinking. Once you've spun out once or twice you won't forget anymore. Be sure and advise anyone who drives your boat.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:12 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

ttt for the new season.......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Steve_H

good idea sharkey!

just to clarify.

drive trimmed in = drive down ?
drive trimmed out = drive up (for faster speed) ?

Old 04-25-2003, 08:06 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by audacity
YEAH...so do i! but..................i haven't bled on the boat this year!...o ****, yes i did at lake X...a few stiches here and there never hurt anyone!...we finished our test though!
Good advice....... try not to do anything that makes you bleed.

T2x
Old 04-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Registered

no bleeding at X this year...well,, just a tad from the huge ass lump on my head...damn cranes! i never escape the X without injury for some reason...should have seen the look on don's face when i walked in with sandals.

there has been a lot of HEATED talk on bottom designs that i don't want to bring here...we have all put in out .02,,,for whatever it's worth??....

the bottom line (pun intended)...get to know your boat and yourself...don't go out there and learn with passengers. if ya want to know more???...i'm sure there are some racers in your area that always love seat time and are more than happy to pass along knowledge. i know some race teams sell seat time in a race boat, as we do...the information is out there...you just have to ask!

people seem to want a absolute answer...like for turning X boat where do i set tabs, drive and throttles in a turn...i think we create more problems trying to answer ...again, EVERY boat will have a different feel! so get to know your boat and set up...know WHAT and WHY it's doing things...this will allow you to change with it dynamically, as we know the environment it is in does!
BE SAFE
Old 04-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Registered

Default Drive to the lift, haul out

Drive to the lift (carefully) haul out, take can of bondo, well you know the rest.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:13 AM
mlitefan

Great thread...Pardon the pun but it looks like I am "stepping" up to a boat with a stepped hull (288 Sunsation). After water testing it yesterday, I have one hell of a lot to learn. Top speed of mid to high 60's. Right now, I can't imagine more power in it until I learn to drive it. Damn I can't wait to dig this thread up next year!

Reckless288

...chime in...You have about 400 hours now on your 288, right? Pretty much every condition you can imagine from flat lake water to offshore. I know you can impart some good knowledge for the family performance boater. After all, this is who this thread is geared towards.

Quick Reply: Tips for driving stepped bottom boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.