52' Fountain Custom---Kind cool!! >

52' Fountain Custom---Kind cool!!

Notices

52' Fountain Custom---Kind cool!!

Old 12-28-2011, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

I am not much of a fisherman, but I have always wanted to enter the Cape May, NJ and or the Ocean City, MD marlin tournaments get in a fast sport fishing boat, such as 65' American Custom Yachts or an 68' F&S Boatworks that supposedly run 50+ mph with ease, beat all those other sport fishing boats out to the canyon, fish all day, race back to the dock at the last minute with the winning fish, and a sh*t-load of calcutta money waiting.

If that Fountain was reasonably priced and could get me out there by smoking the fleet, and the big IF, if it was able catch fish, then.....but I think I would rather go with a regular sport fishing boat, but I do like the idea of the Fountain, though overpriced.

How fast is this Fountain?

And I cannot afford any of the above boats mentioned but it is nice to dream. Maybe 2012 I will have a financial windfall, but I certainly will not be buying a $1,000,000 plus fishing boat, maybe a Mystic or Skater, but not a fishing boat of that size.

The Hatteras link from Brace Yourself. I immediately began searching the ad for the hatteras to see how fast it went, the ad is very detailed, but the sport fishing community does not seem obsessed with how fast things go like I do. Nice boat, though, imagine it should run 42mph-45mph? Just a guess.

Last edited by Smarty; 12-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:08 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
immediately began searching the ad for the hatteras to see how fast it went, the ad is very detailed, but the sport fishing community does not seem obsessed with how fast things go like I do
Remember you still have $400k to get an MTI or Skater that blows by 150 mph....
Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GLH
Remember you still have $400k to get an MTI or Skater that blows by 150 mph....
GLH,

Whether it is $1,000,000 or $400,000 it is still beyond my budget. Just dreamin. I need more clients, and I need my clients to pay their bill, which is a whole another story. Times are tough.

And in all reality, even if I did have that kinda of coin jumping from a 90mph + stepped V-bottom, I really need seat time in a more realistic size cat, such a 30' Skater with twin 300's or a 32' Doug Wright. I have never ever driven a cat. But I can always dream.

happy holidays.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the best wasy to learn is to buy one.... haha. at least that how i am..

weather it be a over power motoy cycle, or a boat, or a car. just ease on it at frist haha.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
A one off boat. Narrow beam for rocking in the ocean while fishing. He's a million high. Rip the tower off and sell it for 500K. 500K gets a great used sport fish that is designed for fishing from top to bottom.
Yup

Another fountain bad idea

Just awful fishing platform
Old 12-29-2011, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mittens
Well the best wasy to learn is to buy one.... haha. at least that how i am..

weather it be a over power motoy cycle, or a boat, or a car. just ease on it at frist haha.
I agree, my 2012 things to do:

1. Drive a cat
2. Maybe enter a fishing tournament, maybe - maybe not
3. Go boating most every Sunday in the summer

Pretty attainable list
Old 12-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

You would need ear muffs at the dock if you showed up at a billfish shootout with that boat.......the heckling from the dock would be brutal (from diehard sportfish guys).

This Fountain is to sportfishing what this guy is to bass fishing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_R1aBoRAAY

BTW that isn't a terrible boat (stock) but after adding that tower it can't be a good boat for anything.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
You would need ear muffs at the dock if you showed up at a billfish shootout with that boat.......the heckling from the dock would be brutal (from diehard sportfish guys).

This Fountain is to sportfishing what this guy is to bass fishing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_R1aBoRAAY

BTW that isn't a terrible boat (stock) but after adding that tower it can't be a good boat for anything.
I like that video. Funny Sh*t. That 23' Cougar MTR would get him to sweet spot on the lake in a hurry, funny
Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are high...that boat left me with a chubby