Notices

Cig 42 Revolution

Old 06-18-2002, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Miami
What problems -

Custom CMI exhaust ( older style before quality upgrades )weld leaks up @ 50 hours, replace @ 72hours. These are costly in a staggered configuration.

Upper motor rebuild @ 60 hours, lower @ 90hours

Three replacements of blown #3 drives and two rebuilds

Idle characteristics and dependability of 900hp motors
Maby I should just stick with my Top Gun
Old 06-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also heard that the boat was not balanced well!
Old 06-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cigaretteman...........

If you are looking at spending 50k or so, then why don't you buy a 31' Bullet or 35' Cafe Racer? There are quite a few around that look nice. If you buy a revolution for 50k, what do you think you are buying? I'm sure you would have to put in alot more money to make it "right". Just think of the maintenence with the Revolution also. Good luck
Gerard
Old 06-18-2002, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you should hang on to your Top. Most 42 drivers like the reach between swells but it sounds like buy the time you get the "Real ##'s" out of that Revolution you will be throttling out of the troughs. Bigger isnt always better. The Top Gun in my opinion is one of the best boats ever designed and built. Take your $50K and repower or upgrade the Top Gun rather than use it to start a new project boat that is slow to begin with. I was looking at the weight comparisons for the Tiger and the Revolution and most years they are only about 500Lbs apart. In 1999 the Revolution was actually lighter than the Tiger. By reputation the boats look good but run with a heavy feel. Good luck.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For the right price anything is a deal ! I wouldn't buy it with that power without # 6 drives though . That alot of weight and power on anything else !
Old 06-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Registered

Talking

i had mr. cigarette, with trip 500's and bravos, nice riding boat, great for rough stuff, but the boat was a lead sled, and the 42 rev. had a problem with stress cracking in front of the cockpit, in the rough stuff. p.s. make sure you have a fuel barge following you!!! you will need it.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:02 PM
Registered

Default Re: Cigaretteman...........

Originally posted by Semper Fi
If you are looking at spending 50k or so, then why don't you buy a 31' Bullet or 35' Cafe Racer? There are quite a few around that look nice. If you buy a revolution for 50k, what do you think you are buying? I'm sure you would have to put in alot more money to make it "right". Just think of the maintenence with the Revolution also. Good luck
Gerard

For 50k you get a lot of boat in europe ! 10 years ago many people over here bought these boats and today people donīt wanīt them anymore. It is close to impossible to sell a high performance boat over here. If you canīt work on them yourself you will be ripped off by some one who can. Then there are the fact that we pay 5 dollar for a gallon of fuel, that kills a lot of wanna be owners. If I could afford it I would buy a new Tiger but with transport and taxes it will cost 1.5 times as much when it is in Denmark. The boats here donīt have many hours on then cause of the weather. It is normal for a 10 year old boat to have only 200 hours running time. I have had the 38 for 4 years now and like most people when they wanīt a new one it has to be bigger !! (Boys and their toys)
Old 06-18-2002, 10:32 PM
Registered

ict94,

When did you own Mr. Cigarette? Did you own it before or after Randy Scism owned it and had it at LOTO? What ever happened to that boat? I haven't seen it for sale in a while.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Registered

I think the Revoloution's are cool looking boats. GO FOR IT!!
Old 06-19-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Miami
What problems -

Custom CMI exhaust ( older style before quality upgrades )weld leaks up @ 50 hours, replace @ 72hours. These are costly in a staggered configuration.

Upper motor rebuild @ 60 hours, lower @ 90hours

Three replacements of blown #3 drives and two rebuilds

Idle characteristics and dependability of 900hp motors
Miami, I just saw on Sonny Lenoardīs home page that in 1991 Boating Magazine tested a 42 with twin 1000 HP Hawkīs that did 94 MPH !! with a weight of 12.000 pounds. That is a big difference !! I assume that your friends Cobras where blown ?
If they where they should make more torque.
Are there anybody else that have had high horsepower Revolutions that can give an input on horsepower vs. speed ?
Maybye they diddenīt tell the truth in the 91 boat test ?
Is it common that the magazines say that the boats are faster than they really are ?

Quick Reply: Cig 42 Revolution

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.