Notices

Bonnier Publishing Su*ks

Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got the last issue today. Great layout and articles. It's a shame...
Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got the Jan/Feb "Geico" issue of Powerboat yesterday. It was small, but I still liked it, and read through it in one sitting. Like many of you I was tricked by a buy 1 get 1 free bait and switch scam recently run by BONNIER Corp. I hope they realize readers of this website will report the BONNIER fraud at boat shows, other websites, dealerships, repair facilities, and whenever the topic comes up. I personally will not purchase any BONNIER product unless they send my money back or resume Powerboat. They supposedly will contunue existing subsciptions with "Boating" magazine, a cheesy ad rag hawking 18' Sea Rays, Four Winns, Rinkers and Trackers and is given away free for as long as you want it at the Houston boat show and I am sure at many others around the country. I for one am not interested in entry level four cylinder products and will either trash the magazine if it comes (like I had to do with my last "free" subscription) or mark return to sender.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a bunch of schmukks
Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 511 Posts

Individual subscription costs pay for slightly more than what the postage costs to get the magazine to you.

The real money in the paper magazines comes from the advertisers. I wonder how bad they got screwed, and where they will "transfer" their ads to. The boat manufacturers may fair a bit better as more folks in different demographics will get some views and then some clicks, maybe a sale or two. But parts houses are totally going to get screwed.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There has to be a lawyer that can get the ball rolling on a class action suit. I am not one of the sue happy folks out there, and I don't expect any money out of a class action suit. Hell I could care less if a lawyer got all of the awarded money. It is more of a principle. Bonnier is a company that deserves to be sued for pulling this bait and switch BS. I don't want "boating" magazine. As a matter of fact I will be marking each issue I receive as "return to sender" and giving it back to my delivery guy.

On another note, I did receive the last issue today. Should be able to read it front to back in about an hour.......
Old 12-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, I got my last issue today as well. Too bad, I really enjoy this magazine. BTW, the first thing that fell out of it was a "DISCOUNT VOUCHER" offering a 50% off of newstand price savings. Fuc*ing ripoff artists................

If I could put the dough together, I would take that brand and rebuild it into something it and all of us deserve
Old 12-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

double post

Last edited by iamjoe; 12-29-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: double post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all mag subscriptions are a joke!
Family Handyman, and a couple others always want to 'renew' for better pricing and freebies.
Started looking into and tracking it the last year, less then 2 months after renewing they want me to renew again? WTF
All three I get are paid until next summer and they want to renew now to add on top.
They expect you to forget or 'think' its a good deal.
Hotboat used to do this years ago, and i dropped them because of it. PB did the same thing and I dropped them long ago. Caught them charging me three times for the same year subscription. Handyman is now cancelled due to the same practices
Sucks, but they are all crooks!! And I am in the printing industry that will not support this crap!
Old 12-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 876 Posts

Sounds like mail fraud to me.