Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Look at what I saw today (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26795-look-what-i-saw-today.html)

Pete B 06-18-2002 12:52 AM

The trucks are F-700's, Seal teams and Serect service use them,
the lighter trailer is to reduce weight when transporting on aircraft, most of the time AF C-5's move them team and all.
when stationed in maine, the SS would bring up a couple and store them in a hanger while George SR. was in Kennebunk, along with other toys as well.:cool:

Iggy 06-18-2002 07:46 AM

Here's the one for sale on E-Bay.....
Navy Seals Boat
I know it's not flashy but it might make a good poker run boat. Sure would turn some heads.

Pres. Bush is supposed to be in Florida (Orlando) on Friday.
Don't know if he's going to any other places.
Wonder if they're bringing them in for security.

Dean Ferry 06-18-2002 08:54 AM

2 years ago my brother and I were boating out in the Atlantic, out of Port of Canaveral and 3 of these bad boys pulled up @ the public boat ramp. We had just launched the Velocity and were idleing out and we waited around to see if these SEAL guys were going to run out in the ocean. But they just launched the boats and idled them into the Navy Trident basin. We went boating, came back about 3 hours later and the Seals were putting one of the boats back on the trailer. My bro' went up and started asking them questions, and got a nice reply, "Sir I can't talk about these boats". My brother took his knukle and started tapping on the hull and the SEAL said, "Sir please don't do that"! About then I walked up and informed my brother, "Cut that crap out, or we going to get in deep sh!+!! The Seal driver said, "that's ok, it's just my job to be quiet" He then asked where are the best bars in town, I steered him to Coconuts in Cocoa Beach!
MD
BTW, these boats have underwater exhaust, in the bottom of the boat and they are SOOO QUITE, it's amazing!

cigarette1 06-18-2002 01:48 PM

Take a look at the McHales Navy movie with Tom Arnold .... the villian has one of these and it blows flames out the back :cool: :cool:

Pantera1 06-18-2002 04:48 PM

Dreamers

That guy on ebay is out of his mind..Cool boat but 150K .. I saw one with no power or trailer in Virginia for $5500..:rolleyes:

Dean Ferry 06-18-2002 05:26 PM

Too Old,
That's what my brother was trying to find out! I'm afraid if he would have found out, they (SEALS) would have KILLED us!! J/K, seriously, I don't know, sorry
BTW, what are you buying now?!
MD

Jassman 06-18-2002 05:35 PM

Fred, check out the A.T. website, you told me to let you know when it got updated. Dans boat is 99% done and mine will be done around the 10th of July, take it easy:D

shifter 06-19-2002 03:15 AM

I know who makes it but I have to find out if its ok to tell. I'll let you know tomorrow.
pat W

scarabrick 06-19-2002 12:18 PM

I used to run them sometimes the ones I ran for a little while were fountains with 454 block, ssm. Built like a tank and heavy as one to. Thet ran good but had a lot of engine trouibles. note that was a while ago 5-6 years.

Rick\

BillR 06-19-2002 12:29 PM

They are off loaded at our marina all the time!! Plus there are RIB and Boston Whalers.

Kinda a common sight around Norfolk, VA!!