If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Clinton N.J.
    [QUOTE=mittens;3585131]WHile I dont dought the story.... I do dought this part.

Most turbine helicopters I have flown and jets also have radar altimeters. The lower weather minimums are predicated on radar altitude for the most part.

Arlington Tx
    Quote Originally Posted by diverkr View Post
    With a lot of help from our Landing Signal Officers. They talk us down and get us aboard safely.
    These guys are having a rough time of it. Bet you know how they feel lol;

My Boats:
    TWO OBNOXIOUS - 2002 Baja 342 Boss
    Huntsville, AL
    now a radar altimeter wouls show the water level rising underneath... but how fast does the radar update? every 2-3 second to make a swipe? how long is the wave there? haha.

just arguing for fun now ha

Neno the mind boggler VIP Member glassdave's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
    toledo oh
    Hey can someone explain to me what this thing is, how it works and why it is used over traditional wipers (assuming that is what it is)? Seems awfully obstructive as far as view. Is there something this does that regular wipers dont? This boat appears to have both . Just wondering what the story is. First time i saw one of these was on a yellow 38 Fountain at a poker run here in lake Erie. Was kinda odd on that thing, course the whole boat was kinda odd. Guy had it all decked out like some kinda emergency fast strike boat or something. Looked like a giant safety zone lol

I'm really just curious about how this thing works and why they are used. I know they have a blade that rotates manually but the whole thing seems over engineered or over complicated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by glassdave; 01-05-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
    08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
    08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
    08 OPA High Points Champion
    10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456