Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hurricane in winter with thunder? WTF? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/268166-hurricane-winter-thunder-wtf.html)

MrSneakAttack 01-03-2012 05:59 PM

good luck....at least your not going to sweat your balls off if the electricity goes out like we do when we get a hurricane....:coolcowboy:

A.O. Razor 01-03-2012 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack (Post 3584823)
good luck....at least your not going to sweat your balls off if the electricity goes out like we do when we get a hurricane....:coolcowboy:

Thanks. Looks like things are holding up. This should be the worst stretch now.

Haha nah, we'll freeze our azz off instead if we lose the gas:lolhit: Things are going well, wifey kinda brrr about it. But fireplace, wine, Californication on the DVD, we're cozy though.

But it's still so surreal some how.

MrSneakAttack 01-03-2012 06:55 PM

aw man thats not roughing it......sounds like you have it under control.....well the temp got down to mid 30's here today and everyone is freaking out thinking the world is ending....lol :drink:

A.O. Razor 01-03-2012 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack (Post 3584881)
aw man thats not roughing it......sounds like you have it under control.....well the temp got down to mid 30's here today and everyone is freaking out thinking the world is ending....lol :drink:

No need to make it more rough than it needs to be. If the :hitfan: it might as well be comfortable, if we should go down in ice and flames. Tomorrow everything will be clear, but the house will stand. Had an issue with water in our basement this summer after a huge rain fall, so had the drainage and sewer system redone and secured for it. If not, I know what I would be doing right now.:eek:

RunninHotRacing163.1 01-03-2012 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor (Post 3584749)
Pic from an olirig just a couple of miles off our west coast this afternoon, aound 2.30 pm and been building the last 9 hours since. This is gonna hurt I think.

YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coolcowboy:
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :ernaehrung004::cheer::party-smiley-048::bong::cheer::party-smiley-020::bong::ernaehrung004:

J-Bonz 01-03-2012 07:34 PM

That is some crazy shi....t

A.O. Razor 01-03-2012 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by J-Bonz (Post 3584910)
That is some crazy shi....t

It's been an interesting night.

Well, it looks like things are starting to quiet down a bit, the house have almost stopped rattling. I'll see if i can get the mrs. to bed. I'm friggn' tired. It's 2.30 am over here.

Thanks for your good lucks and concerns guys, appreciate it.

I'll put up an update tommorow.

MrSneakAttack 01-03-2012 07:47 PM

glad all is good :coolcowboy:

AB From Windsor 01-03-2012 08:15 PM

Best of luck riding this out.

A.O. Razor 01-04-2012 11:24 AM

Ok, long day a work, so late update. Everything is fine at our place and so is the boat, lost a small tree and the garden needs cleaning up, we'll let the gardner deal with that. No casualties, only reports about material damage, so thats great news. According to weather serivices, worst storm in 7 years. Max wind speeds up to 31 meters pr. sec. here in our part, other places 40+ in the northwest country.

Thanks again guys. Great to see the support.:)